• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

crossrail ticket barriers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

plugwash

Established Member
Does anyone know how ticket barriers will be set up at the new crossrail stations? will the crossrail sections of the station have their own gatelines or will they be behind the same gatelines as existing tube and/or rail services?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I believe there will be common gate lines in most cases. Take Farringdon for example, in the new ticket hall (from which you can currently access Thameslink and Underground) you will go through the gate line and turn sharp right to access the Crossrail escalators. I've not seen anything to suggest there is another gate line at the bottom of the escalators.

There is another entry to Crossrail from the Northbound Thameslink platform at Farringdon, again no gate line is provided here from what I can see.

ijmad

Established Member
Paddington seems like an obvious exception, the NR and H&C stations have separate gatelines to the Crossrail station. The area behind the gateline for Crossrail may just about be 'common' with the District/Circle tube station though, by virtue of the pedestrian tunnel to the Bakerloo Line platforms, but that wouldn't be the most practical route to change from the District to Crossrail!

The Eastern entrance to Farringdon will be marked as interchange with Barbican but most passengers will be directed out and down the road (and so go through two gatelines). Although there is a lift for step free access to the Westbound platform that will keep you within the ticketed area.

Status
Not open for further replies.