• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crowborough tickets valid at East Grinstead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisgr31

Established Member
I have a feeling I have read somewhere a Crowborough ticket is valid to East Grinstead. Am I right? Does it apply to any ticket or only season tickets?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tsr

Established Member
The general consensus amongst the staff at East Grinstead until recently, and I believe still is, that they believe that Uckfield Line seasons are valid there, so I'd hope you wouldn't have a problem.

However, I've never once met another member of rail staff who's ever seen that document (as found via the link above) when I've shown it to them, and it's a bit suspect in that it doesn't show any form of source or date of issue.

Local training always used to be pretty good on this particular issue, though. I'm not sure about the current training for new Southern staff.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
The document should be in the Knowledgebase, although knowledge of the existence of the Knowledgebase itself can be a bit hit and miss.

tsr

Established Member
The document should be in the Knowledgebase, although knowledge of the existence of the Knowledgebase itself can be a bit hit and miss.

I'll have to have another look. Couldn't find it when I last did so!

Mind you, in certain places, getting access to iKB is bad enough...

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I'll have to have another look. Couldn't find it when I last did so!

Mind you, in certain places, getting access to iKB is bad enough...

Since they migrated from the Manual, the layout has been terrible, even though they were supposed to be with the same categorisation and order.

Status
Not open for further replies.