• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Croxley Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derek

Does anyone here know if there are still plans for the Met to be re-routed to Watford Junction.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

From what I've heard - it is still planned and on the cards ...

Derek

Thanks for the info guys, good to know the plans havn't been shelved, shame the A stock will not be around by then.
There has been talk of the Bakerloo being restored back to WJ, anyone heard anymore about that.

T

Tom

Will probably happen after Uncle Ken gets control of the line.

Derek

I see they are considering keeping a service to Watford Met station, surely it makes financial sense to close the station and run a bus service instead.

T

Tom

Watford station is positioned in an area not served by NR so it makes financial sense for LU to keep it open for some services.

Derek

Sorry to disagree with you Tom, the station is situated in a local housing area, imho a railway station there is not needed.

Nick W

Established Member
Anyone know why they built the tube station in a housing area not in the commercial centre and why they got rid of the Croxley link 10 years ago?

Derek

Anyone know why they built the tube station in a housing area not in the commercial centre and why they got rid of the Croxley link 10 years ago?

The reason why stations were constructed away from towns etc was because the public did not want dirty noisy smelly steam trains.

tubenutter

A personal conversation that i had with the director (or some position similar to, i forget) of Metronet suggested that those plans were just rumours.

BTW, does Metronet have anything to do with whether they extend the line or not?

Derek

A personal conversation that i had with the director (or some position similar to, i forget) of Metronet suggested that those plans were just rumours.

BTW, does Metronet have anything to do with whether they extend the line or not?

I believe the plans are more than rumours.

tubenutter

i didn't quite mean rumours, used the wrong words.

he kind of said (regardless of whether it has been planned to happen in the past) that there was no money for the Croxley - Watford Junction extension.

Derek

i didn't quite mean rumours, used the wrong words.

he kind of said (regardless of whether it has been planned to happen in the past) that there was no money for the Croxley - Watford Junction extension.

Yes, I believe the long delay and possible "no can do" is lack of money.

tubenutter

someone will no doubt correct me on all of this but i understand that Silverlink Metro will stop operating stoppers to watford and the Bakerloo will extend (again) through all stations to watford junction aparently using discarded '68 (or '67?) stock from the Victoria line when the new Victoria stock come through. I heard a date somewhere of 2008 but may be wrong.

Derek

That makes sense to me. Interesting thought of the ATO 67'S being converted to run with the 72's

tubenutter

i may be wrong, im clearly wrong about the date of the victoria line stock then as well.
but obviously victoria line stock do have manual operation too so it shouldn't be a problem.

class 313

Established Member
someone will no doubt correct me on all of this but i understand that Silverlink Metro will stop operating stoppers to watford and the Bakerloo will extend (again) through all stations to watford junction aparently using discarded '68 (or '67?) stock from the Victoria line when the new Victoria stock come through. I heard a date somewhere of 2008 but may be wrong.

Got it in one mate

class 313

Established Member
I agree, the 67s are identical to the 72s but have ATO.

There never was a Croxley link, only a little used branch from Watford High Street to Croxley Green.

Basicly what Derek means is there was no connection like ther is planned to be. But there was a little line that used to run to croxley like he said. BTW does anyone know what stock ran it? was it a 313?

Status
Not open for further replies.