• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Croydon Tram Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt_world2004

Established Member
I would imagine the cost will be split between TfL and First Group.
First group have been fined 4 million and tfl fined 10 million

It's a fixed amount (10% of the value of the fine with a minimum of £30 and a maximum of £170 for an offence prior to 28 June 2019) to help fund victim services. It isn't something to paid to the victims and the actual punishment is the £14 million fine that was levied. Seems slightly odd to be getting wound up about the surcharge and ignore the fine...

I believe it simply goes back to the Government for general spending on all the things the Government spends money on. But I'm open to correction on that.
Isn't the £170 the element that goes in a compensation fund pot that compensates the victims of all crime not just this one

Last edited:

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Isn't the £170 the element that goes in a compensation fund pot that compensates the victims of all crime not just this one
It goes into the pot which helps to fund victim and witness support services. Victims don't see any of the money directly.

matt_world2004

Established Member
It goes into the pot which helps to fund victim and witness support services. Victims don't see any of the money directly.
So where does the money for the criminal injury compensation authority come from that awards compensation for those injured by crime?

MotCO

Established Member
It's a fixed amount (10% of the value of the fine with a minimum of £30 and a maximum of £170 for an offence prior to 28 June 2019) to help fund victim services. It isn't something to paid to the victims and the actual punishment is the £14 million fine that was levied. Seems slightly odd to be getting wound up about the surcharge and ignore the fine...

I believe it simply goes back to the Government for general spending on all the things the Government spends money on. But I'm open to correction on that.
Who will then hand £10m to TfL to pay the fine....

Status
Not open for further replies.