• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cruise saver Edinburgh to southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverwolf

I know this is short notice but does anyone know what time the Cruise Saver is due to arrive in Leeds tomorrow morning?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
On a side note I'm guessing you must have a cruise ticket to travel on these services (i.e. you couldn't pay on the day if you wanted?).

fgwrich

Established Member
I know this is short notice but does anyone know what time the Cruise Saver is due to arrive in Leeds tomorrow morning?

By the looks of it, you've missed it as it ran down yesterday (friday), with tommorows move booked to be Eastleigh TRSMD to Crewe Gresty Bridge (0z81).

On a side note I'm guessing you must have a cruise ticket to travel on these services (i.e. you couldn't pay on the day if you wanted?).

Yep, as much as id love to do one, id rather not pay for the going rate of a cruise too! (Cruise ticket holders only, as this is a specially charted train to Cruisesaver).

Lrd

Established Member
Seeing as the four cruise ships that were in port left yesterday (Friday) with passengers off the Cruisesaver, I think you've missed the boat! (Sorry :p).

silverwolf

Thankfully I wasn't meant to be on this. My grandad was under the impression it was today. Oh well... I'll break the bad news now.

Thanks everyone

GNERman

Established Member
To be fair, I had looked at Railway Herald's Railtour page and it said that it was to run on Saturday, it was only when I searched for the times for Leeds Station that I found it was running on Friday (Saturday did seem a bit odd...) I was also told that it was going to be worked by TnT 67's (which was also very odd)! Fortunately this was not the case, here's the evidence from Leeds on Friday - http://www.flickr.com/photos/yorkshirerailphotos/sets/72157630677659822/

wensley

Established Member
To be fair, I had looked at Railway Herald's Railtour page and it said that it was to run on Saturday, it was only when I searched for the times for Leeds Station that I found it was running on Friday (Saturday did seem a bit odd...) I was also told that it was going to be worked by TnT 67's (which was also very odd)! Fortunately this was not the case, here's the evidence from Leeds on Friday - http://www.flickr.com/photos/yorkshirerailphotos/sets/72157630677659822/

67s were mentioned in relation to this one as DB took one of the West Coasst cruise savers the other week.

fgwrich

Established Member
67s were mentioned in relation to this one as DB took one of the West Coasst cruise savers the other week.

They haven't actually taken any of the cruise liner express jobs - what's actually going on, is the DRS (Original) operated Cruise Liner Express is operated by DRS for Cruise Saver Travel. The Cheaper, and the second class one* operated with 67s is the DB version in partnership with Glasgow based Barrhead Travel - trial service of 4.

So no take overs, just an extra service with a different operater.

*The Direct Rail Services / Cruise Saver Travel Cruise liner express is operated with 1st Class 'Pullman Style' Mk2s comprising of the Riviera Trains 'The Great Briton' Set, whereas the DBS operated service comprises of standard Mk2 TSOs also from the Riviera Fleet.

D6975

Established Member
You don't have to be on the cruise to buy a ticket.
You do however have to buy them in advance, though having seen the fares it's rather unlikely that you'd want to buy one. (the DRS one that is)

tnxrail

Is it running this week of 13/08/2012, seen it listed as cancelled.

fgwrich

Established Member
You don't have to be on the cruise to buy a ticket.
You do however have to buy them in advance, though having seen the fares it's rather unlikely that you'd want to buy one. (the DRS one that is)

Just out of interest, roughly how much are we looking at then for a trip on the Cruiseliner?

Status
Not open for further replies.