• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crushed stone from Grain

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergusjbend

I saw 59201 in frest DB red livery today at Grain heading a train of loaded bogy waggons carrying crushed stone towards Hoo Junction.

Can anyone tell me the destination of such trains?

Also today a DRS 66 at Thamesport. Presumable on hire to FL?

Which destinations do intermodals serve from Grain?

Many thanks

Fergus

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Freightmaster

Established Member
I saw 59201 in frest DB red livery today at Grain heading a train of loaded bogy waggons carrying crushed stone towards Hoo Junction.

Can anyone tell me the destination of such trains?
It's a weekly (Friday only) service to Crawley.

Also today a DRS 66 at Thamesport. Presumable on hire to FL?
Yes - 66416, but it's no longer a DRS 66 (despite the livery!)

Which destinations do intermodals serve from Grain?
Leeds(depart 10:39), Lawley Street(depart 18:11) and Trafford Park(depart 21:10).

MARK

GearJammer

Yes it was 66416 at Thamesport today, it left the same time as i did, on the Lawley St working, i had to chuckle, i was going to photograph it leaving the terminal, crossing the port entrance, but the woman would'nt put the barriers down untill id crossed so i would'nt have to wait for the train to cross despite me driving as slow as possible so she would do it....

In the end i went up to the old crossing that has been replaced by a new bridge and got a pic there.

I would put the pic up but i can't post pics on here :(

davido39

For a minute there I thought someone had come across an idea of manufacturing stone out of grain! :oops::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.