• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cryptic clues = station name

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

neilmc

My magic anagram converter suggests this might be:

Energlyn & Churchill Park, in the Welsh valleys

Calthrop

Established Member
Right in every particular -- the magicians who made your converter, clearly knew their stuff. Over to you neilmc.

neilmc

Clue: The Yorkshire reference might not help as the place in Yorkshire with the same name as the solution doesn't have a station.

neilmc

Well done DanTrain, that's exactly the answer for the reasons you stated. Royston used to have a shed in steam days and I had forgot it doesn't actually have a station - may not even have a freight line any more!

johnnychips

Established Member
I was delighted when I found a Start Point station as that would have suited the clue. Unfortunately it’s a weather station. Back to the drawing board...

DanTrain

I was delighted when I found a Start Point station as that would have suited the clue. Unfortunately it’s a weather station. Back to the drawing board...
:) That made me laugh!

Still haven’t got an answer, it’s not North Greenwich.

Clue 2: To say that one had just departed would be equally as much of an understatement.