• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cryptic clues = station name

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Calthrop

Established Member
"Helping hand": it's anagram-y ("misshapen") -- short word, not actually present in clue but, I feel, strongly hinted at.

DanTrain

I be thanking thou :)

Running from Lawrence (throwing projectiles), I breathe a sign of relief at the upcoming sanctuary.

Calthrop

Established Member
I'll take it, if I may.

At the future cartoon genius -- mockery from schoolfellows, category mixed-up: cry, Walt the Gothic nerd

Calthrop

Established Member
Great Coates?

This, and the "answer" station, are on lines of the same member of the pre-Nationalisation "Big Four" -- but no, it isn't Great Coates. Would be fascinated to know the mental processes which led you to that one...

DanTrain

This, and the "answer" station, are on lines of the same member of the pre-Nationalisation "Big Four" -- but no, it isn't Great Coates. Would be fascinated to know the mental processes which led you to that one...
An anagram of 'category' gives you 'Grey Coat', which is close, and I couldn't be bothered to interperet the rest of the clue! Will get back on another guess :).

Calthrop

Established Member
Hint: the "answer station" is managed by Great Northern; and an anagram is involved.

ANWP Tom

Now is open floor a clue or a statement.

if the first Cleland (clear land?)

If the second.
An auto on the rooftile