• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cryptic clues = station name

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

neilmc

This one's in Scotland too, and you might indeed need your blue coat and hood to run wild here. It's another anagram of course.

neilmc

Nope. It's an anagram of the first five words in the clue. Needs a big signboard.

johnnychips

Established Member
Trying to think of stations with that word in, and it’s too late to do research so Swanwick as a wild guess for no real reason.

Jona26

Fishguard and Goodwick? I say that as Fishguard was the site of the last invasion of the U.K. but that was later than 338 years ago I think. Also invasion - battle - guard?

DanTrain

Fishguard and Goodwick? I say that as Fishguard was the site of the last invasion of the U.K. but that was later than 338 years ago I think. Also invasion - battle - guard?
No, but I like the thinking! Think of what a battle might be part of.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Thanks. No time to put together a clue, therefore the battlefield is open. :)

DanTrain

Let's get things moving over here - try this:

The rate of energy transfer can be found on a stick of rock at a Staffordshire market town.