• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cryptic clues = station name

RobertsN

Closest I can come to is Smetwick Galton Bridge which contains "Ghost" and "Break/ing" within it's letters. Cannot figure out if the remaining ones (letters) form more words ATM ("cling mid wet").

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

perryman

I kind of get Kentish Town from ghost wrecking it, although I'm left with c-r-i-g-g from the residual letters so in essence it's a pathetic guess.

Edit: I can't find the letters for West, incase it were the 2nd station in the locale.

duncanp

Established Member
Smethwick Galton Bridge is correct, as it is an anagram of Ghost wrecking it blamed

Your turn

Calthrop

Established Member
Inept play-performer from, say, Llandudno; loses his "Ecstasy", in "Swede-land".

Calthrop

Established Member
Possible hints: "Swede-land" doesn't refer to the country located between Norway and Finland; in part, it alludes to a venerable bit of British railwaymen's slang. And, the "answer station" has a two-word name.

Calthrop

Established Member
North Walsham?

North Wales Ham

Spot-on ! The "E" (= tablet of "Ecstasy") of "Wales", is "lost". The "Swede" bit: from the mockery sometimes directed at Norfolk people for their supposed preoccupation with swedes, the vegetable -- an important crop in the area. In pre-Grouping times -- and, I gather, lingering on long after -- the Great Eastern Railway was often dubbed, by staff of other railways, the "Swedies".

As they say in those parts: it dew be your turn, bor.