• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cryptic clues = station name

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Calthrop

Established Member
Ah -- unfortunate 1926 happening, with passions running high... Thanks. I'll offer ...

We might read this, as statement by anti-"tree-hugger" curmudgeon: to the effect that his municipality is taking steps, supposedly to do less environmental harm -- in the process, taking (to his resentment) more money off him in taxes.

DaleCooper

Established Member
Ah -- unfortunate 1926 happening, with passions running high... Thanks. I'll offer ...

We might read this, as statement by anti-"tree-hugger" curmudgeon: to the effect that his municipality is taking steps, supposedly to do less environmental harm -- in the process, taking (to his resentment) more money off him in taxes.
Town Green?

Calthrop

Established Member
Not Moorfields -- sorry. (The guy is a hater of "greenie idiots" -- so would presumably wish for fewer fields, not more.) I recall that about two years ago here on "Cryptic Clues", "Moorfields" was the answer to one -- clue concerning "hungry livestock" and their wants -- which lasted for several days, via numerous incorrect answers; some, plus their explanations, ingenious verging on mad ...

DaleCooper

Established Member
Not Moorfields -- sorry. (The guy is a hater of "greenie idiots" -- so would presumably wish for fewer fields, not more.) I recall that about two years ago here on "Cryptic Clues", "Moorfields" was the answer to one -- clue concerning "hungry livestock" and their wants -- which lasted for several days, via numerous incorrect answers; some, plus their explanations, ingenious verging on mad ...
Havant Aycloo

Calthrop

Established Member
Will take it if I may --

Ornithologists' dream -- huge number of small summer visitors, all being noisy together.