• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cryptic clues = station name

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Calthrop

Established Member
You can join bad things at this station, I heard.

Trooperslane, on Belfast -- Larne line, Northern Ireland? (Historically, "troop" and "trooper" -- while they can apply to Geneva-Convention-observing soldiery -- rather more often imply raping-and-pillaging, military or quasi-military not-very-good guys. You can go along the lane, to enlist as an -- un-nice -- trooper ;) .)

Calthrop

Established Member
The only possible answer I can think of for this one is totally fatuous and silly, and, for sure, wrong.

Calthrop

Established Member
Well I'm totally fatuous and silly (those are my good points) so why not give it a try.

Very handsome of you, sir. I thought -- Monks Risborough. A monk (thus a not-married man) travelled to the station serving this "borough"; at the station, he sat down for a while ("paused for a spell"), for a rest after his tiring train ride; then stood up again -- rose (or in vulgar language, "riz"), and resumed his onward journey on foot. (I did say it was silly !)

DaleCooper

Established Member
Very handsome of you, sir. I thought -- Monks Risborough. A monk (thus a not-married man) travelled to the station serving this "borough"; at the station, he sat down for a while ("paused for a spell"), for a rest after his tiring train ride; then stood up again -- rose (or in vulgar language, "riz"), and resumed his onward journey on foot. (I did say it was silly !)

I didn't realise it was going to be that fatuous and silly.

Calthrop

Established Member
Indian national park (unique speciality -- lions), and Turkish lake, meet at this location by the shore.

duncanp

Established Member
Girvan

There is a park in India called Gir and a Lake Van in Turkey. (thanks Google)

duncanp

Established Member
Warlords or queer artisans get mixed up in battle at this appropriately named station

I am on holiday for the next two weeks so won't be around to confirm if someone gets this right. It is a fairly easy anagram clue though. So if you get it right you can take the floor and set the next clue.

Last edited:

DaleCooper

Established Member
Warlords or queer artisans get mixed up in battle at this appropriately named station

I am on holiday for the next two weeks so won't be around to confirm if someone gets this right. It is a fairly easy anagram clue though. So if you get it right you can take the floor and set the next clue.

I believe it is St Leonards Warrior Square but as duncanp isn't around I would like the endorsement of another member before setting a clue.

A Challenge

Established Member
Yes, that probably is right, as St Leonards Warrior Square is an anagram of 'Warlords or queer artisans'.