• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cryptic clues = station name

duncanp

Established Member
The only reason I got that so quickly is that I posted a similar clue with the same answer a few months ago. (something like "bird of prey in the East End")

Next clue:-

So boring super rich people need to sort themselves out in order to find out where they are going.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ls2270

Established Member
The only reason I got that so quickly is that I posted a similar clue with the same answer a few months ago. (something like "bird of prey in the East End")

So boring super rich people need to sort themselves out in order to find out where they are going.
Ah I must have missed that one!

duncanp

Established Member
It is not Erith,but you are right in that the answer to clue lies in an anagram.

Calthrop

Established Member
I've been working on an anagram of "boring super rich people need"; but am coming to suspect that that is not a productive line to follow...

duncanp

Established Member
You're almost there - the anagram consists of four consecutive words in the clue, and the answer station has direct services from London and Birmingham

Karl

On Moderation
Princes Risborough

(Let me get a clue together.....)

Can't think of a clue, so open floor.

Last edited:

duncanp

Established Member
Yes, Princes Risborough is correct, being an anagram of So boring super rich.

perryman

We need an emoji denoting one banging one's head against a brick wall or, given the amount of time I spent trying to work this out, one with someone with a gun pointing at their own head...

Calthrop

Established Member
We might hear that genuine Portulaca oleracea obtains at this station (once on a rather unusual part of the London, Midland & Scottish Railway).

duncanp

Established Member
Troopers Lane in Northern Ireland.

Portulaca oleracea is the Latin name for Purslane, a type of plant.

So genuine portulaca oleracea could be pronounced True Purslane

Calthrop

Established Member
Glasgow Central? Some convoluted thinking on my part led to this rather obvious station.

Convoluted and likely brilliant; but wrong, I'm afraid.

Troopers Lane in Northern Ireland.

Portulaca oleracea is the Latin name for Purslane, a type of plant.

So genuine portulaca oleracea could be pronounced True Purslane

That's it, precisely (on the former Northern Counties Committee system, of "our island" 's LMS and prior to that, Midland, Railways).

Your floor.

duncanp

Established Member

Ghost wrecking it blamed for confusing signage at this station

duncanp

Established Member
No, it isn't Hampton , but the answer to the clue does lie in an anagram.