• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CSA on DLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheManWho

Evening All, and congrats to those who passed!

One Training Group has just passed out of training and their 2 weeks shaddowing, there is another small-ish group about a week into their training. However, I don't think there is anywhere enough in that training group for the new Stratford International extension, opening (possibly) in March.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stevekay

Sorry to be retarded.. did you mean no start date till Sep 2011?

Thats rubbish! May i ask what your source of information was?

no no i said the people who had their assessment in september will probly start in a month or two

joeynova27

Cheers you are the man!! I'll be by the phone if you need me lol!

While we on the subject, does everyone think it's a good job to go for? I'm currently a CSA on London underground, but there is no promotion prospects at all! They cutting costs so much they have cut our tea bag allowance! Seriously, it's a joke!

Oh and happy new year to all!

Stevekay

Cheers you are the man!! I'll be by the phone if you need me lol!

While we on the subject, does everyone think it's a good job to go for? I'm currently a CSA on London underground, but there is no promotion prospects at all! They cutting costs so much they have cut our tea bag allowance! Seriously, it's a joke!

Oh and happy new year to all!

I would say it is a very good job to go for specially as DLR is growing, no sure but promotion prospects but am sure there should be possibilities. How come you’re leaving your current position?

By the way when did you get the call to tell you that you had been successful?

And you

Daniel

Established Member
I'm currently a CSA on London underground, but there is no promotion prospects at all! They cutting costs so much they have cut our tea bag allowance! Seriously, it's a joke!

Me too! *waves from the Northern line* - I don't drink tea, but I agree that there is no development at all :(

I think it's a good one to go for to be honest - it's upwards from CSA, and it's still in TfL so you can apply for internal vacancies!

joeynova27

Sorry Steve only just noticed you had asked me a question.. i got a call on 30th September and a letter saying i was in a holding group awaiting a date to start.

Nothing since then..yourself?

Stevekay

Sorry Steve only just noticed you had asked me a question.. i got a call on 30th September and a letter saying i was in a holding group awaiting a date to start.

Nothing since then..yourself?

No problem Joey, I am in the same boat got the call on the 30th with the letter following shortly.

I have been told that the opening of the new stations i.e Startford Int. has been delayed to April and the current training group has had their training pushed back by a week. Once they complete their training they will be on a spare rota as there is too many PSA's because of the new stations being delayed.

I wish someone will has some definite answers soon :(

Stevekay

hey there, still not heard anything but found this article...

http://www.docklands24.co.uk/news/travel/dlr_extension_finally_set_to_open_in_late_spring_1_794105

Looks like the end of May now so no idea when we will here! Wonder if anyone on here is on the training course at the moment??

Im still at London Underground and currently been displaced to the reserve after the job cuts! So want to move asap lol

Hi Joey, yeah they mentioned that the new stations should be opening late spring on the TFL site, lol I am really not a fan of this waiting around I just want to get a start date even if its in a couple months time. I think the current training group have just finished their exams.

Lool I know how you feel just have to keep our fingers crossed that its not too long till we get that long awaited call...

joeynova27

did you read about the strike and all the reasons why? lol sounds a mess.

Hope we on same course together would be fun, well hope we hear soon

bearberry

Still nothing... rang them today and still nothing definite... or even estimated :cry::cry:

joeynova27

Its so lame.. the extension has been delayed till late spring so you would think they would want us trained up for when it opens so im thinking maybe get a call in April? Also will be new tax year where funds are released for companies so maybe makes sense?

So is it 3 of us in here waiting to start?

Stevekay

I know the extension was meant to be completed end of last year but there has been one delay after another :|, the most recent group is finishing their shadowing this week so the trainers are free so fingers crossed we get a call soon very soon :roll: cannot take this waiting around.

Yup 3 of us from the 25 that are on the list....

Its so lame.. the extension has been delayed till late spring so you would think they would want us trained up for when it opens so im thinking maybe get a call in April? Also will be new tax year where funds are released for companies so maybe makes sense?

So is it 3 of us in here waiting to start?

Tubeboy

The salary os good for PSA, but you are a guard/revenue inspector/driver. In some ways its underpaid.

joeynova27

It's frustrating! They worrying me with this no idea response! Probably will call and say job is no longer available lol!!

Oh well fingers crossed we hear something soon...

Stevekay

Spoke to HR and they told me they just took on a new training group of 8 which they selected randomly

notadriver

Established Member
Does anyone know if CSAs on the DLR trains are eligible to join ASLEF?

Fred26

Does anyone know if CSAs on the DLR trains are eligible to join ASLEF?

Interesting question, I do wonder... I believe tube drivers are RMT represented, so if I were to put money on it, I'd say they'd be RMT (I am aware the Tube and the DLR are different).

TheManWho

I'm not sure how to multi-quote, but here goes

Congratulations Joey, I'll look out for you when you start!

DLR Staff are represented by the RMT

Status
Not open for further replies.