• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CSA on DLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeynova27

random question.. starting DLR on tuesday, does anyone know when their next payday is, as im trying to sort out my direct debits?? Thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lauraGeeGee

I believe May 11th is the next date.

Always on a Wednesday on a 4 weekly basis. You get 13 pay days a year.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Oh and good luck!
:)

captainradio1

Good luck to all starting their training on the DLR.Please keep us all updated on how it is going and also when and if the next recruitment drive is if possible.
I am a Station Supervisor on LUL and i would like to get my son into the railway industry.

TheManWho

Is that everyone thats left in the pool?? Is stratford int opening this month?

Not sure how many people are waiting in the pool, and not sure how many there will be in the next training group- hopefully you'll be one of them though!

As for Stratford Int. still no "official word" on an opening date, possibly end of August/ early September.

Stevekay

Not sure how many people are waiting in the pool, and not sure how many there will be in the next training group- hopefully you'll be one of them though!

As for Stratford Int. still no "official word" on an opening date, possibly end of August/ early September.

Cheers!!

That makes sense shame Borris could not keep his word

My bad, I wasn't too clear.

There didn't seem to be much interest in the PSA role joeynova27 mentioned just above me. It said that applications would close Sunday or when 1000 applications are met. I thought it would have easily exceeded 1000..

Stevekay

My bad, I wasn't too clear.

There didn't seem to be much interest in the PSA role joeynova27 mentioned just above me. It said that applications would close Sunday or when 1000 applications are met. I thought it would have easily exceeded 1000..

I don't think they advertised it as much, did you apply?

If you are given an assessment centre, pass and are offered the job...how long would it take for the training to actually start?

Harrybow

I don't think they advertised it as much, did you apply?

Hi everyone...i just googled 'Serco dlr assessment' to start my preparation and this forum thread came up. What a great help you all are!

I applied for the role mentioned above and received an email today to say that ive been invited for to the assessent day on 30th Aug. I just wanted to find out if any other people applied during that period and have been invited too. It would be great to share experiences / tips / advice and how you actually found out about the vacancy, because people really did not know about it. When i told my friends, they did not have a clue what i was on about! I found a leaflet about it on the bus and said...why not!

I'm numerically dyslexic, so i am kind of pooing myself about that aspect of the test and not too sure if i should disclose it at this stage or not - very confused! Does anyone actually know the kind of mathematics that numerical reasoning will actually consist of, so maybe i can just ensure that i am well prepared in advanced.

Anyhoo...i'm waffling now (def. don't want to do that in the interview), if anyone has any wise words of wisdom or will be attending on the day - share & care people! ;)

jawzn7

Hey Harrybow, was just wondering how you got on with your assessment day. I have one tomorrow and i'm really dreading the aptitude tests.

Can u give me a quick rundown on what to expect from each stage, thanks.

Harrybow

Hey jawnz7 / warriorofrovac!

Firstly, apologies jawnz7 I only just realised that that there was an updated post as I seldomly check my emails. I really do hope that all went well for you on 'judgement day!' I would really like to hear your own personal experiences of how you found the process.

Anyhoooo...in a nutshell, I flopped big time!!! That numerical reasoning test is not a joke and DO NOT be fooled by the pre-test examples because once you turn that page on the day, you will very much know what time it is. I literally blacked-out and was subsequently deemed 'unsuccessful' and kicked out that stage.

I was obviously very disheartened as the actual role sounds like something I would really enjoy. As someone who is dyslexic (but contrary to popular belief, with a very high IQ), I knew my chances of passing the numerical / verbal reasoning test stage without months of preparation would prove a huge challenge for me, hence me bricking it from day one. To be honest, if I knew that particular method of testing would form part of the recruitment process, I doubt I would have went for the role - would have put me right off!

On a brighter note, it was a learning curve and it enabled me to confront my fears - as they say, what doesnt break you only makes you stronger (and maybe a tad bit envious of all the people who's names get called out!). I am quite a determined person, so will most likely go for it again in the future. I am just going to ensure that I start my preparation from now!

Good luck to anyone starting soon or going for the role in future, heard that they will be recruiting again shortly - keep your eye on the website peeps!

Hi HarryBow,

You say they are going to recruit again shortly, how shortly is shortly? next month...next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.