• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CSA Role - Medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidj1178

Hello,

As per my other thread recently, I've been offered a CSA job with Network Rail.

The offer is conditional on passing a medical.

I've been reading on here about different medicals etc and I was reading about the BMI limit being 33 - I reckon I am about 35.

Will this stop me getting this role - or does that apply more to drivers etc?

They did say that it's a safety critical role due to driving a buggy.

I am otherwise fit and healthy

also - the vision test - I wear contacts - do they test your vision based on wearing contacts / glasses? As I am blind as a bat without them :lol:
Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave A

That shouldn't matter. The medicals with TOC's (for station roles) I've been through have been no more than a weight/height measurment, vision & hearing test, blood pressure and urine sample (for drugs & alcohol).

I'm techincally "overweight", and when I first started was on the higher end of the "obese" scale, so unless things have changed dramtically in 4 months (since my last medical), there should be no problem!

As for your glasses, I *think* you need to take your glasses with you for the testing, although on the job you'll be allowed contacts (as long as you carry a pair of glasses with you). :D

Davidj1178

Passed :)

they didn't calculate BMI, just took height / weight and wrote it down

and she never even asked if I wore contacts (which I do, and had them in)

Davidj1178

Yeah I am going to be working in Glasgow central, sahould be starting in just under 3 weeks or so

Status
Not open for further replies.