• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CSA2 - London Underground (07/06/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Railroader22

Would it be possible to work as CSA and live in Woking at the same time? I’ve been offered start dates, but having waited almost two years I have now moved outside of London.
I really want to start, but I don’t know if it is manageable given the start and finish times.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sphun20

Would it be possible to work as CSA and live in Woking at the same time? I’ve been offered start dates, but having waited almost two years I have now moved outside of London.
I really want to start, but I don’t know if it is manageable given the start and finish times.
it is if you can get a station like Waterloo where you have a direct train to and from and can also swap with colleagues as much as you can

Railroader22

it is if you can get a station like Waterloo where you have a direct train to and from and can also swap with colleagues as much as you can
That’s the problem, you don’t find out where you will be based until you have finished training.

vantime

Congrats.

The salary calculator.co.uk is pretty good at accurate take home salary figures:

https://www.thesalarycalculator.co.uk/
Thanks for the link. So other outgoings would be pension contributions or is that calculated in the estimator, union subs, possible season ticket loan. Is london weighting still a thing?
Is that an included in the salary?
Thanks!

That’s the problem, you don’t find out where you will be based until you have finished training.
I'm probably not the best to take advice from but reading these forums, it seems like whoever makes that call, takes into consideration as to where you live.

Mawkie

Woking is not (by any stretch) the furthest that TfL employees commute in from.

There is some ambiguity in the initial station group you will be sent to - however, the big central London stations are favourites - and you can put your name down for a move to a location that suits you better.

How would you get from your house to, for example, Kings Cross at 0445? Or home from Earl's Court at 0130?

Sphun20

Being a CSA2. You're more than likely be offered a central London location. You can swap with anyone in your training group if it's beneficial for you both and you will realise it's easy to get here. Also, most csa2's don't really have extreme shifts. That's done by csa'1 mostly

KM1991

Well done.
I basically gave similar responses as you did, always courteous, polite and offering solutions and alternatives etc... So now I'm not sure what it was that wasn't up to scratch..
No point dwelling on it though and I have promised myself I won't let it make me have a bath with the toaster tonight.. thanks for your reply.
Don’t be too hard on yourself. They probably had to meet diversity targets this recruitment round.

Robb7

Don’t be too hard on yourself. They probably had to meet diversity targets this recruitment round.
Thanks. That eventuality had occurred to me, although it can make it a bit more soul destroying to think you haven't got the job before you attend the interview!

vantime

Good evening all! Having accepted this position , completing the required forms, uniform sizes etc, I emailed them to the onboarding email address a couple of weeks back. I'm waiting to hear from Reed Talent solutions for references, criminality check and sit the medical. I've not heard from anyone at all and am not sure if that's the norm. I think they asked for the forms to be back 6 weeks before training proceeds and that's already passed the available training start dates I submitted. should I get onto onboarding or be patient?

R9mmel

Good evening all! Having accepted this position , completing the required forms, uniform sizes etc, I emailed them to the onboarding email address a couple of weeks back. I'm waiting to hear from Reed Talent solutions for references, criminality check and sit the medical. I've not heard from anyone at all and am not sure if that's the norm. I think they asked for the forms to be back 6 weeks before training proceeds and that's already passed the available training start dates I submitted. should I get onto onboarding or be patient?
Hello,
I'm in the same position as u I accepted maybe a month ago and I've just been waiting for next steps. They sent me an email with my potential start date yesterday so maybe you'll be getting the same email soon

vantime

Hello,
I'm in the same position as u I accepted maybe a month ago and I've just been waiting for next steps. They sent me an email with my potential start date yesterday so maybe you'll be getting the same email soon
Thanks R9mmel

Woking is not (by any stretch) the furthest that TfL employees commute in from.

There is some ambiguity in the initial station group you will be sent to - however, the big central London stations are favourites - and you can put your name down for a move to a location that suits you better.

How would you get from your house to, for example, Kings Cross at 0445? Or home from Earl's Court at 0130?
I know of much further out that people travel in from, some as far afield as York. Usually swapping within your training group is possible however much like any role on the underground you they could put you at any location, however they will take your hometown in to consideration. Then you can nominate after your probation. There is also the staff taxi network but you won't be able to find details on that until you start.
Being a CSA2. You're more than likely be offered a central London location. You can swap with anyone in your training group if it's beneficial for you both and you will realise it's easy to get here. Also, most csa2's don't really have extreme shifts. That's done by csa'1 mostly
Some do work extreme shifts though usually finish just before last trains

Rewiindz

I had passed the assessment and was called in for the role play. My scenario was it was early in the morning around 5:45am and a customer had travelled from the US but he had lost his ticket that his company paid for. Bear in mind he had heavy bags as well. I proceeded to radio my colleagues to let them know that I’ll be off the gate line for the time being helping this customer. I then let the customer out the gate line because I wanted to sympathise with him since it’s early morning and his employer had f***ed up. Bear in mind he had dollars with him. I ended up failing and realised I should’ve seen if he had a contactless card or taken him to the gate line to issue a new ticket whilst his employers could reimburse him.
Hope this helped. Going in for my 2nd role play this time my head won’t be spun.

Mawkie

I had passed the assessment and was called in for the role play. My scenario was it was early in the morning around 5:45am and a customer had travelled from the US but he had lost his ticket that his company paid for. Bear in mind he had heavy bags as well. I proceeded to radio my colleagues to let them know that I’ll be off the gate line for the time being helping this customer. I then let the customer out the gate line because I wanted to sympathise with him since it’s early morning and his employer had f***ed up. Bear in mind he had dollars with him. I ended up failing and realised I should’ve seen if he had a contactless card or taken him to the gate line to issue a new ticket whilst his employers could reimburse him.
Hope this helped. Going in for my 2nd role play this time my head won’t be spun.
Sorry to hear this. It's disappointing to get knocked back. Hopefully you can take it as a learning experience and maybe your description will help someone else prepare when their time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.