• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cuban 47

Status
Not open for further replies.

30A4EVER

Ok, here goes.... (deep breath) lol
Being fascinated by railway oddities, locos that were one offs, dreamt up but never built, conversions etc, I decided to have a go at converting a Hornby class 47 bodyshell into a Cuban 47. It is a first attempt so go easy. lol
cuban4701.png cuban4702.png cuban4703.png cuban4704.png cuban4705.png
p.s it is a work in progress. lol

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Ok, here goes.... (deep breath) lol
Being fascinated by railway oddities, locos that were one offs, dreamt up but never built, conversions etc, I decided to have a go at converting a Hornby class 47 bodyshell into a Cuban 47. It is a first attempt so go easy. lol
View attachment 62443 View attachment 62444 View attachment 62445 View attachment 62446 View attachment 62447
p.s it is a work in progress. lol
That’s excellent.
Are you going for the original two tone green factory look?
These machines have always fascinated me too, I believe some of the last ones were still in existence in the 1990s, although I don’t know when they last worked a train?
Imagine going all the way out there on holiday and searching out some kind of railway trip as an interesting way of seeing how differently things worked on an island as exotic as Cuba, but then getting bowled out by a 47? Marvellous! :lol:
Welcome to the forum. ;)

Last edited:

30A4EVER

That’s excellent.
Are you going for the original two tone green factory look?
These machines have always fascinated me too, I believe some of the last ones were still in existence in the 1990s, although I don’t know when they last worked a train?
Imagine going all the way out there on holiday and searching out some kind of railway trip as an interesting way of seeing how differently things worked on an island as exotic as Cuba, but then getting bowled out by a 47? Marvellous! :lol:
Welcome to the forum. ;)
Hi.
Thank you for the welcome. :)
I have been undecided on which colour scheme to go with ever since first seeing the photos of these machines, but this one looks like its going to go factory fresh two tone green with white roof, and the next attempt will be red with white stripes. ;)

30A4EVER

What did you use for the mods? Is there a conversion kit? Maybe you did it all from plastic sheet?
All the add on bits were literally from scratch. The roof grilles I cast myself from resin, the flat plates around the coupler area were just scraps of plasticard and the roof mounted headights were actually a bic pen outer sanded round and filled with resin to shape the light lens. :D

J-Rod

That's impressive! If you ever fancied doing short runs of these, I bet you'd be able to sell them. I bet there's a market there

30A4EVER

That's impressive! If you ever fancied doing short runs of these, I bet you'd be able to sell them. I bet there's a market there
Thanks for the compliment! :)
Heres some more photos of it during conversion. :)
4705.png 4704.png 4711.png 4713.png

Status
Not open for further replies.