• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cumbria round robin at £31.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

morgainelive

Hi all hoping this is the right thread for ticketing
2 things
a) Is the cumbria round Robin valid before 09:30- looked on northern rail site and can't find anything.
b) Me and my dad are going to have a day on this we are hoping to start at Carnforth as we know we can park better there,
is it permitted to get on and off as many times as we want on the valid route.
Can we start at Carnforth then go to lancaster then up to Carlisle on the west coast mainline then do the line down i imagine this is permitted?
My dad likes the old loco hauled so going to get the advertised 12:08 Carlisle to Barrow in the hope the Loco hauled is behaving if not never mind but i think he'd love it
Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

_toommm_

Established Member
a) Is the cumbria round Robin valid before 09:30- looked on northern rail site and can't find anything.

Any time, any day.

is it permitted to get on and off as many times as we want on the valid route.
Can we start at Carnforth then go to lancaster then up to Carlisle on the west coast mainline then do the line down i imagine this is permitted?

Yep. Even though it is called a round Robin, it's in effect a day rover still, so you can travel up and down all you like, as long as you stay in the validity area.

Dont forget the windermere branch if you can fit it in too. As for the 12:08 from Carlisle, the loco comes into Carlisle on the front and leaves on the rear, so you'll want to position yourself in the rear coach of the train as it leaves so you can enjoy the noise:D

morgainelive

Thanks you're a diamond :) good to know I thought it was the case but you can never know these days

vlad

It also gives you a discount on the Ratty, although I don't know whether that's running at this time of year.

(Last time I did that ticket the guard advised us to change at Ravenglass for the R&ER even though the next train wasn't for a week or so - either he was on autopilot or following a script!)

morgainelive

Thanks for this, as I'm still not walking properly after ankle repairs we're just going to do the trains, plus limited daylight now means less time to see the scenic bits :)

AndrewE

Established Member
For those with them, priv fares are available on lots of these Rover-type tickets now... The best offer (almost) since I joined BR in 1974!

Last edited:

philthetube

Established Member
priv also available on Cumbrian coast tickets which include the Ratty.

Status
Not open for further replies.