• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cumbria

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtly

Wanting to travel from
Ulverston to Whitehaven tomorrow
And then from Carlisle to ulverston on Sunday.

Is it possible to start short on my return at Carlisle if I bought an ulverston - Whitehaven

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Wanting to travel from

Is it possible to start short on my return at Carlisle if I bought an ulverston - Whitehaven

What ticket do you intend to buy? If it is a return from Ulverston - Whitehaven then you wouldn't be starting short at Carlisle as that is before Whitehaven on the return and an additional ticket would be required between Carlisle and Whitehaven I believe.

curtly

There are no trains from Whitehaven-ulverston not via Carlisle on a Sunday

It looks like it will have to be two singles? Or a single and a cumbria ranger?

John @ home

Established Member
There are no trains south of Whitehaven on Sundays. The only way to go by rail from Whitehaven to Ulverston on a Sunday would be by changing at Carlisle and Lancaster.

Hence the question, I suspect.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Wanting to travel from

Not quite ;) but you can buy Ulverston to Carlisle return and finish short at Whitehaven.

John @ home

Established Member
you can buy Ulverston to Carlisle return and finish short at Whitehaven.
It may be best to buy an Anytime Short Return Ulverston - Whitehaven via Sellafield, which costs £16.40, and to excess the return leg only to route Any Permitted, which allows travel via Carlisle and Lancaster and costs £47.70.

The excess fare in one direction only costs half the difference, that's £15.65, making a total cost of £32.05.

Status
Not open for further replies.