• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Current Network Railcard boundary map

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB_B

Established Member
I wanted to double-check that there are no recent changes to the Network Railcard area.

National Rail Enquiries at..

https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/46540.aspx#NEW

.. links to this map to show the area of validity:-

https://www.networkrailcard.co.uk/download/clientfiles/files/Map.pdf

Is there a boundary line (or maybe a background colour difference) indicating the Network Railcard area on there which I'm just not seeing?

If I didn't know already, I'm not sure how I could tell just using the map that Bedwyn, for example, is in the area but Pewsey is outside.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
The area of validity is shaded in a light salmon colour and has "network railcard area" around the boundary

JB_B

Established Member
The area of validity is shaded in a light salmon colour and has "network railcard area" around the boundary

OK - thanks. Adobe Reader, and chrome's and firefox's native pdf renderers are all showing the whole map background as uniform off-white on this device.

Using a different device does indeed show a salmon background for the railcard's area of validity.

Kite159

Veteran Member
It is hard to notice, maybe they should have shaded the area of the map where the network railcard isn't valid in something like a light purple.

(One thing I did notice when looking is Wickford & Manningtree having dotted lines to show that direct Southminster/Harwich services are limited, not noticed that before)

Status
Not open for further replies.