• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Customer Relations Reply times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Do you mean target times, or actual times?

If the former I expect it would be easy enough to find out, if the latter you might need a scientific survey by sending exactly the same query to every TOC and then seeing who replies first and last!

Seriously, and in reality, I would expect the actual reply times to vary depending on a number of factors.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Is this to do with your friends journey with London Midland earlier in the week?

IIRC London Midland publish the date of correspondence they're dealing with on their website. In my experience it's pretty accurate.

gray1404

Established Member
I was just wondering in general really, although London Midland when I spoke to them on the phone did direct me to that page to see where they were up to with complaint dates.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
It's not possible to put down any generalisation on the time-scale as it would depend on the complexity of your enquiry.

What sort of enquiry/complaint do you have in mind?

gray1404

Established Member
Wondering who is the quickest for dealing with Delay Repay claims. I've had next day from Virgin and up to a month with Merseyrail and London Midland.

Virgin Trains seem to of given up replying and just send you a RTV instead, that's what they have done for my last 2 enquiries.

RailAleFan

^ submitted a Delay Repay using the online form (and uploading a photo of my ticket) through the Virgin Trains website on a Sunday and received the RTV in the post on Tuesday.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
The factors I referred to would include the number of complaints/enquiries being received, staff resource availability, and the complexity of enquiries/complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.