• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cut off time to book seats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going down to London from Macclesfield on Tuesday Morning and using a Virgin service(08.56 from Macclesfield) and it is a walk on fare but what is the cut off time to book seats on that service?

im asking as cant book online till around Midnight(Mon night/Tues Morning) but was not sure how long before the service leaves you can book seats.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I believe this page is useful.

I am unsure what the definition of early morning trains is, however I believe that it used to be trains leaving their origin station before 0800.

The 0856 from Macclesfield on a Tuesday is the 0835 from Manchester Piccadilly. A simple test on WebTIS shows that I am able to reserve a seat for the 0820 departure from Manchester Piccadilly for this (Sunday) morning (only a little over 4 hours away) so I am satisfied that you should be fine booking your reservation 8 hours in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.