• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cycling vs. walking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bikeman78

Established Member
I only use my bike for keeping fit, that's the idea anyway, and as I ride most of the time off road on canal paths and old railway lines I thought a Mountain bike would be best. It certainly is heavier than the racing bike I commuted on over thirty years ago but as far as brakes and gear changing go it is light years ahead of my last bike.
I managed a ride today, 23 miles, so I am pleased with myself once again. I feel I must mention I am 72 so I suspect my fastest days are behind me.
Yes it's always nice to get a new bike. I ride around 2500 miles a year just to get to and from work. I hadn't realised quite how battered the last bike had got.
My late grandmother used to go on two week cycling trips around Wales and the Lake District. She only gave up when she had a minor stroke at the age of 85 or 86!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LMS 4F

Yes it's always nice to get a new bike. I ride around 2500 miles a year just to get to and from work. I hadn't realised quite how battered the last bike had got.
My late grandmother used to go on two week cycling trips around Wales and the Lake District. She only gave up when she had a minor stroke at the age of 85 or 86!
I'll take packing in at 85 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.