• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

D Stock in Walford

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Not that I would EVER watch EastEnders but has anyone noticed how D Stock trains are still seen around the square?

Not very professional of them is it? Does anyone know why this is?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Not that I would EVER watch EastEnders but has anyone noticed how D Stock trains are still seen around the square?

Because no one in the real world cares about it. If i told my mum that Eastenders had used the wrong type of tube train in their programme she would just say : Sssssshhhhhhhhh.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member

What’s even less professional is that there isn’t even a Tube station called Walford. How unprofessional!

Clip

Established Member

Walford east is on the district line is it not and given they are filmed a bit in advance then its perfectly understandable why they are still showing.

pdeaves

Established Member

'Cos that's what the producers have models (real or CGI)/stock footage of. Makes it cheaper to use what you already have!

D365

Veteran Member
Would you consider Skyfall “unprofessional” for having 96 Stock units masquerading as District line trains?

theblackwatch

Established Member
I did notice at one period last year, there were a number of scene over a period of a month or so that were filmed on 'the tube'. However, I didn't notice one where the actual tube was moving. I'm guessing these were probably filmed at somewhere like the Charing Cross (Jubilee branch) station. Unfortunately, I'm no expert on LU and couldn't tell you what stock the internal shots were of!

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Nothing compared to that hilariously poorly executed tram crash on Coronation Street a while back... I don't even watch soaps, but I made a point of tuning in after being told how bad it was by a friend who was an extra in the episode.

whhistle

On Moderation
Or in Mission Impossible (I) - the train that is clearly a TGV but no overhead wires...
Not sure if it's set in the Euro Tunnel either (although the set clearly isn't!).

Status
Not open for further replies.