• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

D213

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whistler40145

Established Member
I have read in the latest copy of Railways Illustrated that D213 has been sold to a group of individuals @ Barrow Hill.

Does anyone know the timescale for getting her in full working order?

Also, I know it's only a rumour (Railways Illustrated), but what chance has she of being a candidate for Mainline running?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?uarhnx

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

12CSVT

Established Member
It may surprise some people that D213 has run under its own power in preservation. One occasion when I witnessed it for myself was during a photo charter at Barrow Hill on the Friday before on of their diesel galas (I think it was in 2003). On the same day 31110 (then withdrawn and still in EWS ownership as far I was aware) was used for shunting at Barrow Hill.

scoope

I suspect that if it is restored it will not make mainline. Generaly it would seem that the other 40s that are preserved suffer from availability of major componants such as Bogies. It would be good however to see 40145 and 40013 double headed on the WCML

Status
Not open for further replies.