• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

D2138 Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aureol

Established Member
With a spanner in hand in D212's engine room
Just updated my site with progress on the repaint of D2138 from last Wednesday.
PLEASE NOTE
The expected completion date is now around the end of February 2006, moved from mid-January 2006, as progress is slower than expected, as for the past month or 2 I've only had access to the loco for about 4 hours on Wednesday nights with me being busy elsewhere on site during weekends, but with the school holidays being here, I shall be down as often as possible, which may include weekends and extra weekdays.

http://baggysrailpics.fotopic.net/c781494.html

Aureol

Established Member
Cheers Coxster.

She is based in the Princess Royal Class Locomotive Trust West Shed at the Swanwick Junction site of the Midland Railway-Butterley. If anyone would like to personally view her, pm me preferably 2 weeks before your visit, as she is currently in the out of site workshop for Winter storage and maintenance, and a member of staff, ie. me, is required to be with any member of public in the workshops at all times.

As some of you may know, the Princess Royal Class Locomotive Trust are proud owners of Princess Coronation Class 6233 Duchess of Sutherland, Princess Royal Class 46203 Princess Margaret Rose, BR Standard 4 Tanks 80080 and 80098, LMS Royal Saloon 45000, LMS Dynamometer Car 45050, GWR Royal Saloon 9006 (on long-term loan from the NRM), LMS Inspection Saloon 6320 (a.k.a. 'Network Rail Inspection Saloon'), 0-4-0ST George and Mk.1 support coaches 99040 (currently on loan to the Princess Elizabeth group) and 99041.

D2138 is owned by the Midland Diesel Group, but is based at the PRCLT West Shed.

Hope this helps everyone. :lol:

Aureol

Established Member
Well, it's been a fortnight since the last updated, so I think we're now ready for one.
I've just updated the dedicated collection with the very latest progress, with a photo of last week's progress.
Click on the logo to visit the site or one of my links above to go directly to the D2138 Progress collection.
I think the cab is now starting to look the part once again!

Status
Not open for further replies.