• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dad's Workplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
Five hours with Dad at his work was nice because the room he works in has to be kept air conditioned at around 19/20 degrees celcius because of the circuit boards he works with (or something technical like that!) which meant I was quite happy sitting at his desk watching the trains from his window (right in front of the railway) while he did whatever it is he does (when not trainspotting) :D I ventured out into the heat for a short while to take a few snaps on the busy South Western Mainline which is never short of a train up our end! Hope you like them. They were taken with my Dad's camera which I'm not used to in the slightest, hence why pictures not uploaded include half a 442, the rear metre of a 159 etc...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

H

HR2

Very Nice Pics Damon. I much prefer railways without the damn clutter of OHLE spoiling the view.

BTW The distance diamond seen in some of the pics? Is that kilometres or miles? and where from?

Coxster

Established Member
Thanks for the comments guys!

HR2 said:
BTW The distance diamond seen in some of the pics? Is that kilometres or miles? and where from?
The diamond is the newer style milepost. It is 34 and a half miles from Waterloo. The smaller, older, yellow milepost underneath simply reads '1/2'.

T

Tom

The distance shown is the distance from the far end of the concourse at Waterloo station (Waterloo buffer stops are at 0.05)

The Gricer

And here he is in the aformentioned workplace with one of those stupid grins on his face.:grin:
calroom.jpg

Frank

Techniquest

Veteran Member
My Lordz, that's quite a bit of kit there!

Don't ask me why, but this cracked me up:

"...with one of those stupid grins on his face."

Looking at the shot, it just made me start laughing! Why I don't know, but I did!

Status
Not open for further replies.