• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Daft one....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poolie

OOOP here in the north, Hartlepool in particular, we got new 'live' information boards for the Tall Ships in 2010. But why do they refer to Platform 2 which has no public access? Also the number of times the automated announcements are wrong, stating trains that have been cancelled or in the wrong direction? I think I know a bit more about timetables, but poor old joe public really don't have a chance when things even go a little bit awry:(

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Platform 2 at Hartlepool should be the bay platform, which was used on Sundays by the Darlington - Hartlepool services, but since those were extended to MetroCentre, it isn't booked to get used any more.

Unless they have changed it, so the bay is platform 1 and the main through platform is 2? I haven't checked recently so will have a look next time I go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.