• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Daily Mail- 2008!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Did this start today?

If so, I'm annoyed at missing out on the offer!

*Runs up to the local Spar for a copy*

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Did this start today?

If so, I'm annoyed at missing out on the offer!

*Runs up to the local Spar for a copy*

If you read the links you would know the answer to your question

adambro

Thanks for the heads up about this. Did this last year. Got two sets for a trip from Manchester to Birmingham first class on Virgin which was great. Had the two sets in case only one would be valid for each leg but as it turned out I wasn't asked to produce the tokens in either case. Still, I would not want to risk having to cough up the full price fare so will look at collecting tokens again this year to cover any trips. The only downside is that you have to buy the quality paper that is the Daily Mail...

1D53

Established Member
Tickets start 12th, whats the chances of a cheapie to Holyhead on the 13th do we reckon ;)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Sorry 'matt', didn't think they would say on there when it starts...:mad:

Ta for the gen voyagerdude220. I did this offer last year and used it on the Inverness HST in late March. King's Cross to Inverness and back for £26, covering 1,160.5 miles in 16 hours (from the time of leaving KGX to arriving back there the next day), job done. I must remember to do so again this year, but maybe to Aberdeen this time.

I'll be buying it on Saturday then! I don't like the paper but my Mum does so she can read it and I'll have the tokens. Sounds like a fair deal to me!

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Has anyone seen any tokens in the Daily Mail yet?

I wouldn't worry about collecting the tokens, for the past 2 years I have never been asked for them...save your money and don't buy that rubbish!

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Last year I used them to travel from Brum to Edinburgh on the MML HST hire in and I don't remember being asked for the tokens

me123

Established Member
Of course, it's when you don't bring the tokens that they'll ask for them. It's the law of life.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I have got Saturday, Monday and yesterday's paper. Felt too ill to go out for it today, so hopefully I haven't missed out.

Never been asked for my tokens either, but I know if I don't take them I'd be stuffed.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
£10 return for a trip to London in a few weeks returning on the 90 8)

alanjohnlew

I need one more(not 12 Feb) can anyone help?

Alan
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I need one more can anyone help?( not Feb 12)

Demps

What type of savings are we talking about here? Gutted i have missed out

voyagerdude220

Established Member
The NXEC DM promo was very crap, as there was only a very limited availability of DM tickets, even at off peak times away from, Easter etc, and the booking period for them was only a week or so after the DM promotion started.

As for the ATW one, I seem to remember it only being bookable at train stations.

I've personally got plans to use the DM promo again, before it ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.