• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Daily Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
That's common knowledge.

edit: Don't be mean to toilet paper, at least it serves a purpose :D

Eagle

Established Member
Is it just me or is the daily mail the toilet paper of doom and tempest?

Even the writers from the Daily Mail think that.

This is a newspaper that posts deliberately inflammatory articles on its website, hoping that people will share them on Facebook and Twitter with posts like "zomgz look what those <(<(<(<(s at the Faily Fail posted how can anyone think like that?", and people will click through thus increasing their page hits and advertising revenue. True story.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
In general terms, IMO, aside from the Times or Telegraph, they're all as bad as each other.

LE Greys

Established Member
In general terms, IMO, aside from the Times or Telegraph, they're all as bad as each other.

That reminds me of a certain scene:

Yes Minister said:
Hacker: Don't tell me about the press. I know exactly who reads the papers: The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country; The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country; The Times is read by the people who actually do run the country; The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country; The Financial Times is read by people who own the country; The Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country; And The Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is.
Sir Humphrey: Prime Minister, what about the people who read The Sun?
Bernard: Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits.

the sniper

Established Member

I'd have thought the FT and Independent were better than the Times and Telegraph, though I try to avoid all newspapers so I can't say that with any certainty.

Failed Unit

Established Member
"the trouble with the sun is you can't use it as toilet paper, you wipe more on than you get off" - Jasper Carrot.

Metrailway

Most newspapers are terrible. The only decent ones are the Times and Independent, although the standards of the latter have been slipping recently due to it's owner.

I don't like the Daily Mail but it does have one good aspect to it; it publishes very important stories that the liberal media wouldn't touch with a bargepole. Albeit in a shouting manner. So even though I don't like it, it does serves a purpose.

The Mail is regularly accused of being anti-women. However, if you look at the readership of the two papers, the Mail is the only British paper where the female readership is greater than the male readership. Also the workforce at the Mail has a greater proportion of women when compared any other national paper.

Despite posting the above paragraphs - I still think it is awful :lol:

By the way, don't confuse the content in the Daily Mail with the content provided by Mail Online. Mail Online publishes Daily Mail articles but also a large number of other articles as well, which would not be accepted in the newspaper. Daily Mail/Mail Online have different editorial teams, unlike other UK national papers, and have different target audiences. Hence, you see a lot of content on the website involving the US.

Mail Online knows that it is terrible and even published this article :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.