• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Damn Airshow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
Seems they've started practicing for the airshow in their bloody fighter-jet-watsits. Can't hear myself think - let alone music on full blast!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sprog

Established Member
Enjoy the free show? ?? :confused:

Id like to have that above me for a few days........

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The aviation industry is above many laws, and all environmental concerns are not applicable to them, apparently. :(

bunnahabhain

Established Member
I remember on Saturday I was down at the GCR, coming back to Loughborough on the 2.15 ex-Leicester (supposedly TTI'ing, but mostly enjoying the ride from the front windows), and I heard engine sounds, and looked out one side, and I think two Spitfires flew alongside us for about a mile.

Wonderful! :D

Ontop of that, a Dakota flew past us a few weeks ago.

ChrisM

We have had similar planes over Bournemouth for the last few days not sure if it's related to the Airshow or a safety measure against terrorists but they are noisy if only for a few minutes.
Maybe someone tried to blow the pier up again.

T

Tom

I've noticed them too Chris.

I've noticed that they've been landing and taking off at Bournemouth Airport though (can see the airport from the small bank we have on the field at school).

ChrisM

That's probably why then.
Other then the Red Arrows we only see the passenger planes normally.

Guinness

Established Member
Jamie said:
I remember on Saturday I was down at the GCR, coming back to Loughborough on the 2.15 ex-Leicester (supposedly TTI'ing, but mostly enjoying the ride from the front windows), and I heard engine sounds, and looked out one side, and I think two Spitfires flew alongside us for about a mile.

Wonderful! :D

Ontop of that, a Dakota flew past us a few weeks ago.

During War Weekend we just sat watching them at Loughborough Central although we only got a quick look of the aircraft itself the engines you can hear for miles! Beautiful! :) Thank for the Government that Aviation is exempt from laws. :)

AJP

Coxster said:
Seems they've started practicing for the airshow in their bloody fighter-jet-watsits. Can't hear myself think - let alone music on full blast!

Lucky you!

I thought I was lucky when a 747 went over my house!

ChrisCooper

Established Member
A few years ago I was sitting at home watching the TV and suddenly the room went dark and there was an incredible noise and I'm sure the house actually shook. I ran outside to see a Lancaster flying down the road a few feet above the top of the houses. Sadly I didn't have a chance to grab my camera, since it had disapeared almost by the time I got out. Being near East Midlands Airport, low flying planes were quite normal, including some pretty big stuff, nothing anything like that low.

Tomnick

Established Member
Chaz said:
During War Weekend we just sat watching them at Loughborough Central although we only got a quick look of the aircraft itself the engines you can hear for miles! Beautiful! :) Thank for the Government that Aviation is exempt from laws. :)
I could just about see the remnants of the air display from the signalbox window, when they did certain moves. Other than that, all I could hear was some random engine noises as I wondered what the fuss was about!

bunnahabhain

Established Member
The Sunday was nice, the two Spitfires and Lancaster did a number of flypasts, and on one occasion flew down from Quorn to Loughborough, turned in a massive arc which must have covered part of the Town Centre as well as the station itself, and then flew back.

I had hairs standing on the back of my neck at the sight. :)

rmt

AJP said:
Lucky you!

I thought I was lucky when a 747 went over my house!

Used to be awesome on Finningley airshow weekends. Sit out in the fields near Lindholme, and all the planes were overhead. Best thing was, I got in on the Friday and Monday for the arrivals and departures. :D

Tom B

Established Member
I can vaugley remember those, my grandfather used to fly the Vulcant out of Finno in the days when it was an RAF base. Long time ago, think they stopped them 10 years ago now?

Status
Not open for further replies.