• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Damn you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well guys, thanks to people like Damons (and many other peoples) enthusiasm for MSTS, I thought tonight 'oh blast ill install a good route and give it a chance'

before I thought it was worse graphics than BVE and also had no safety systems like BVE, well granted yes it has them downsides BUT

the game is so amazingly processed with trains running to real timetables, excellent scenery, good stations and outer views included.

I am certainly going to have fun from 9:00AM tomorrow morning doing the Victoria - Brighton and Brighton - Portsmouth routes :D
--- edited ---
(N.B) without certain peoples extreme kindness (no names chris or bob ;) I would never have got MSTS and never even tried it , so thank you so much.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

May I recommend you don't use one of the worse routes? London Brighton and West Coastway aren't exactly the best routes FWIW.

Jim

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
May I recommend you don't use one of the worse routes? London Brighton and West Coastway aren't exactly the best routes FWIW.

TBH, London - Soton isn't 1 of the best in terms of scnery, understandablly - it is a long way. I do howeber think WC is quite good, probabally the best 1 I played during a day on MSTS (except WSR posiabally)

Jim

T

Tom

London Soton?! London Brighton I'm talking about. West Coastway is absolute rubbish though, TBH.

tubechallenger said:
London Soton?! London Brighton I'm talking about. West Coastway is absolute rubbish though, TBH.
Because you despise the author?

I think it's a very good route, if the scenery lacks a little in places but it's very good.

richa2002

Established Member
London - Brighton is a good route if you actually have an interest in that area but not a good one just to try out MSTS.

Coxster

Established Member
Make you try Dorset Coast! It includes weymouth to London and Reading plus branches to Fawley, Marchwood, Lymington, Hampton Court, Hamworthy Docks, Weymouth Quay and many, many more! Once all of us on the CD team have our activities done it will be available on a CD with loads of stock on http://www.uktrainsim.com

T

Tom

I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but its pretty much unified that Europeanbahn are utter idiots when it comes to some things.

Dorset Coast is one of the best routes for MSTS. LBE is one of the better early routes, but WCW is really quite bad, OK, it is good for low-spec PCs... but thats it.

trains2

Jim said:
TBH, London - Soton isn't 1 of the best in terms of scnery, understandablly - it is a long way. I do howeber think WC is quite good, probabally the best 1 I played during a day on MSTS (except WSR posiabally)

Jim

Argh don't start me on that old crown jewel again! :) I gave up scenerising that a very long time ago, you have summed it up in that post, it is a very long way! :) I've just left it to Dave with Dorset now, he's done a much better job at scenerising a route that length.

Southern

At the moment, I'm having problems with Dorset Coast. When adding AI to an activity, the train will crawl along for the rest of it's journey. My Example is a 10-car 442, which is taking 2 hrs 10 mins just to do Waterloo - Brookwood.

trains2

Southern said:
At the moment, I'm having problems with Dorset Coast. When adding AI to an activity, the train will crawl along for the rest of it's journey. My Example is a 10-car 442, which is taking 2 hrs 10 mins just to do Waterloo - Brookwood.

Funnily enough I have that exact problem as well! Very bizarre, and I've got anything long doing it, 12-DES, 10-WES etc. Interestingly on an activity I'm working on at the moment, '5B39 Wimbledon - Bournemouth 455 ECS', you start with an 8-455 in Wimbledon Depot, and pull up to the junction to trigger a double reverse point to get onto the Down Fast. You have to wait for traffic to pass, and the first AI to pass is a 12-DES, which trundles along at about 10mph, until it reaches Wimbledon flyover and speeds up tp 70mph or so. :confused: I'm gonna have to ask the audience over at UKTS me thinks.

i beleave the slow ai speed is something to do with the fact that youve started the ai train in a slow speed zone so it will continue at that speed till it hits the next speed zone then it should speed up.
Suggest you start the ai where the speed is higher and it should be ok i expect hope that helps:angel12: :study:

Status
Not open for further replies.