Darlington- Teesside Airport

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by Sprinter, 8 May 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sprinter

Sprinter Member

Recently I travelled to apparently the UK's least used rail station.

I arrived at Darlo from King's Cross on the class 91 on an advance, so needed to buy the local ticket at Darlington itself.

Having not finding Teesside Airport on the ticket machine, I went to the ticket clerk. I knew I had to get the 1135 from Darlington- Eaglescliffe to double back to Teesside Airport.

However the ticket clerk in effect sold me a CDR between Darlington and Eaglescliffe, but being the only way to get to Teesside Airport at that time is to double back, should a single ticket been sold just to Teesside Airport instead?

Just a query, the journey has been completed and I visited Teesside Airport as planned, it is just that I have no ticket saying "Teesside Airport" as the destination on it (which I wanted to try and boost the station's patronage a bit).

Last edited: 8 May 2015
  2. najaB

najaB Veteran Member

I *think* that because it is possible to do the journey without a double-back the direct Darlington to Teeside Airport ticket isn't valid. Could be wrong though. Out of curiosity, if you really wanted a ticket with destination Teeside Airport, couldn't you have bought a single at Eaglescliffe?

3. bb21

bb21 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Direct trains, shortest route and those no more than 3 miles longer only as Teesside Airport is associated with Darlington. Via Eaglescliffe is not on a permitted route on a Darlo - Teesside Airport ticket.

The journey is possible without doubleback but you missed the outward service from Darlo.

So the clerk was correct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.