• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Darlington to King's Cross(2 people/one rewards ticket)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBY-Paul

I'm trying to book tickets to KGX as part of a longer Journey to Bristol.

The plan was to Book Darlington to Kings Cross and back, and use a Rewards Ticket for one of us, but the system wont let me. So I tried doing a Single Journey to Kings Cross using the Rewards Ticket, But again it wont let me, it has to be part of a return trip.

The planned Journey is DAR to KGX, KGX to BRI. Two Adults with a DSB card, Travelling out Friday 3 July, Return Sunday 5th July. Is there antway we can do it and still use up the Free Rewards ticket as part of the journey?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
I've just tried to replicate your booking, for just one person, and can see many 'free' Rewards Tickets available from Darlington to Kings Cross on Fri 3rd July and again in the opposite direction from Kings Cross to Darlington on Sun 5th.

When the screen shows the 'mixing desk' (the grid of prices horizontally and train times vertically) do the price options include the £0 fare, even if 'greyed out'? If not, then I wonder if you had converted your points into a ticket while East Coast were still operating the line?

hangus78

I'm wondering if the original poster means they want to book one rewards ticket and have the other Adult traveliing as the carer on the disabled railcard.

If that is what they are trying to do then this won't be possible through the website.

TBY-Paul

I'm wondering if the original poster means they want to book one rewards ticket and have the other Adult traveliing as the carer on the disabled railcard.

If that is what they are trying to do then this won't be possible through the website.

Correct, we need to travel together, so I was trying to find a way to book the trip and still use up the rewards ticket. If it's not possible I'll just have to use the free ticket later, but I believe it will have to be used by September?

hangus78

The best I can think of is to book the rewards ticket on its own then book another ticket on the same service as a seperate journey in the basket. After booking you can then use the change of seat reservation page to get two seat reservations next to each other.

If the person with the DBS railcard is not the rewards passenger then you will also be able to get the railcard discount.

TBY-Paul

The best I can think of is to book the rewards ticket on its own then book another ticket on the same service as a seperate journey in the basket. After booking you can then use the change of seat reservation page to get two seat reservations next to each other.

If the person with the DBS railcard is not the rewards passenger then you will also be able to get the railcard discount.

I thought I might have to do it that way:( . With it being one reward ticket, I thought, I would be able to book Dar to KGX as a single journey for one person with the rewards ticket, add another Single Journey (with Railcard) to Basket, and then Book KGX to Dar as a Single Journey for two people with Railcard (if you understand).

Status
Not open for further replies.