• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Darsham - London (via Lowestoft, Norwich, Cambridge)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

itfcfan

I'm planning to go up to Suffolk for the weekend, from Friday evening to Sunday. I've noticed there is bus replacement between Colchester-Witham that I'd like to avoid when I come back on Sunday.

Are Darsham-London tickets valid via Lowestoft/Norwich/Cambridge?

I realise I could also go via Ipswich/Cambridge, but I'll actually be staying on the coast, so Lowestoft will be a similar distance to Darsham for me.

If Darsham-London isn't valid on the Norwich/Cambridge route, what tickets could I use? Lowestoft-London seems the most likely, but I'm wondering if there's a better option?

In terms of tickets, I'll probably use the Off-Peak Return (1st Class) priced at £59.20. I don't think there's any first class area on Norwich-Cambridge, but I'd appreciate if anyone could help me check this.

Thanks if advance for any help,

John

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
A London-Lowestoft return will be valid for London-Ipswich-Darsham on Friday, and Lowestoft-Norwich-Cambridge-London on Sunday. A London-Darsham return would not be valid for Darsham-Lowestoft-Norwich-Cambridge-London on the return journey nor, so far as I can see, for Darsham-Ipswich-Newmarket-Cambridge-London.

Status
Not open for further replies.