• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dartford via Gravesend HS1 easement

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnm

Established Member
There's a Routing Guide easement that allows travel to Dartford via Gravesend with tickets marked 'Plus High Speed'.

Would a 1st Class ticket from Didcot to Dartford '+Any Permitted' also be valid?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I can answer my own question. NRE gave me an itinerary, staff at St Pancakes gateline didn't bat an eyelid (ticket failed to work barrier) and the OBM merely said, 'change at Gravesend'.

And to think of all the horror stories I've read about Southeastern...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Maybe someone has had a word with them, or maybe you got some good staff (they aren't all bad), or maybe it's just because, as stated above, it's not really that contentious.

Last time I was on HS1, I was with JakeF and others, he used the return portion of the ticket that he'd had rejected, and yet the person at the barrier simply accepted it without question.

I also had no problems with a London Terminals to Maryland ticket at the height of the gateline troubles, and didn't have to refer anyone to the itinerary ;) Yet many people had valid tickets rejected in the weeks and months before, and after, my journey.

So I suspect it remains a bit of a lottery.

Status
Not open for further replies.