• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dartmouth Round Robin questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'm planning to do the Dartmouth Round Robin in a few weeks time, but I have some questions.

When I click 'Towns/departure points' then 'Totnes' it doesn't seem to state the departure points. An old leaflet suggests it picks up at Steamer Quay Totnes (which is obvious!) and also at Coronation Road, but not the railway station. Is that correct? Does anyone know exactly where the stop on Coronation Road is, and also if this is the closest stop to the railway station, if the bus departs at a particular time, is that the time from the first stop (presumably the Quay) and therefore Coronation Road would be a bit later?

How long does the bus usually take to get from Totnes to Paignton on a Saturday morning?

Also if anyone can recommend good places to eat in Totnes that could be useful too.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can answer any of these questions :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Googlemaps is your friend! Xx20 off Steamer Quay, xx30 opposite Seven Stars, xx50 Paignton.

Sorry, not been to Totnes for 50 years...:)

Can confirm the bus (normally open top bus) does not call at the railway station.
Takes 30mins Totnes to Paignton but as you can imagine it gets quite busy down here in the summer so really depends on traffic.
The bus stop in Coronation Road is literally the bottom of town, so lots of places to eat.
Recommend the Seven Stars Hotel (very popular) there are also other eating establishments all within a five minute walk.
If you have time I can recommend a walk up the town (famous for not having many big chain stores), Saturdays is market day and whilst your at the top end of town you have the Totnes Castle with some great views of the whole town and surrounding area.
Enjoy you Round Robin!

Status
Not open for further replies.