• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dawlish Sea Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

GWRrrr

It looks as though the Dawlish sea wall phase 1 is about to be opened to the public. But it's not complete. Does anybody know when the work is planned to start again? I've heard September, but if that is right, then what date?

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
It looks aas though the Dawlish seal wall phase 1 is about to be opened to the public. But it's not complete. Does anybody know when the work is planned to start again? I've heard September, but if that is right, then what date?

Thanks
Probably September, they stopped roughly for the 6 week main school holiday period last year, so as to not affect the holiday trade.

Karl

On Moderation
I didn't know the wall was closed. I know they've been making improvements, but wasn't aware of closure. Let's hope it opens soon.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I didn't know the wall was closed. I know they've been making improvements, but wasn't aware of closure. Let's hope it opens soon.
It was opened this morning, work has been ongoing since last September, it required a full time closure of the section past Marine Parade.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member

The Wall route hasn't been closed. Trains have been running throughout

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
You might be interested in this thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.