• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dawlish Specials

Status
Not open for further replies.

devon_metro

Established Member
A few bits and bobs at Dawlish Today.

http://paigntonrailwaycentre.50webs.com/211006.htm

Favourites:
ds8s.jpg

ds10s.jpg

Any comments?

Enjoy :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dennis

Established Member
Cheers! Any more comments?

Yeah - I'm feeling quite p***** off at not getting a shot of either the Western or the 47's. Weather forecast looked a bit iffy so I thought I'd go to work for the day. Took the train to Westbury (instead of the normal bike), camera in the bag on the off-chance of seeing something interesting. No veg on the platform, so I assumed I'd missed the 47's. Headed off to work and see the 47's rolling in when I'm halfway up the road.

Consoling myself to the fact that the weatherman said I'd be getting wet if I had gone out on the bike photting, I spent the day at work (ironically, taking pictures!). In the end, there was one brief shower during the day, otherwise glorious autumnal sunshine....I feel gutted at the missed opportunities today. Still, I got some great shots of hydraulic system contaminants :sad11:

devon_metro

Established Member
There is a moral to Dennis's story; never listen to the weather report!

Thanks for the comments Jon, really did remind me of the 47s thrashing up through Newton Abbot on XC services.

Status
Not open for further replies.