• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Day on A-stock final normal service day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure if this should be in this section or the Underground section, but here is my report from yesterday.

It was an early start for me on the last day of A-stock in service. Alarm went off at 2.30am and set off about 2.50 to top-up my tank for the journey in Keighley.

Had a 3 hour drive to Banbury, as there was a reasonable peak hour fare to Amersham, plus it was a chance to bits of the Chiltern lines ive never done.

At Banbury, caught the 0612 to Princes Risborough (165030/010), then onto 0654 to Aylesbury (172102). Then after a 15mins wait, was onto the 0724 to Amersham (165034/014) where I got my Zones 1-9 travelcard. Luckly there was no que at the ticket machine and was back on the platform before the Met-Line train had arrived from the siding.

Took that to Moor Park to pick up the A-Stock on diagram 412 on its 1st journey to Watford, went through to Watford, then back to Baker St, upto Amersham, back to Aldgate. Took a Circle line service to Barbican to get a photo, but I had camera issues. Rejoined the A-stock to Harrow. then I had a break to abit more of the underground I had yet to travel on. So went to Rayners Lane, then the Piccadilly line to Ealing Common, then District Line to Embankment, Bakerloo to Baker St and Jubilee to Finchley Road for a quick-mix of D, 72 & 73 stock. Rejoined the A-Stock and then stayed with it through to Aldgate, back up to Amersham, then left it at Rickmansworth.

At Rickmansworth, started heading back north. So back onto the Chiltern to Aylesbury (165033), then onto the 1822 to Princes Risborough which booked for the bubble car and was the 3rd reason for me going that way. So 55020 departed ontime and dropped nicely onto 1813 Marylebone-Banbury which was hauled by 67018 (still cant get 67012) with its 7 Mk3's+DVT.

Then it was another 3 hours back on the road home.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RPM

Established Member
You planned that exceptionally well. As well as all the Underground stuff you managed a bubble car, loco haul and the only daily 172 trip to Aylesbury. Result.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.