• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Day out on the 314's

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGolds

I'd like to get up Scotland before the 314's go out of service and have a day on them.

I know at Glasgow Central I'll get to see most if not all of them in a day, just want to know what routes they're mainly on and what journey's to think about taking in order to travel on as many as I can in a day, any advice/suggestions appreciated?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
If you wanted to see them all, then you have missed the boat as 2 have already gone for scrap and another handful have been stopped (not sure if they have been moved to Yoker)

But they normally work Glasgow - Invercylde services, Glasgow - Paisley Canal or Glasgow - Newton or circle services, although the numbers are reducing and with news that 385s have started to operate from Glasgow Central in public service, time is more limited.

JGolds

Hi Kite, yes I know some have already left service, just a case of seeing and travelling on what I can.

Thanks for info.

JGolds

Aye, hopefully will get up there soon. Remind me of my youth, holidaying in Scotland!

John Coleman

Hello all

Like to take this moment to say do not leave it to long because class 314212 has already gone for scrap long side another one so get up there if you need them for photos and sightings John Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.