• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Day return from different station

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnk

Questions on ticket fees:

I plan to do a short cycling trip like this:

a) train journey: London Waterloo to Egham
b) cycling to another station, say Windsor
c) return train jouurney: Windsor to Waterloo

My question is: To do this, do I really need two single tickets?
Is there a way to do purchase day return ticket and use it to return from a different station outside London?
Pricing wise it makes sense for me, as a day return in this case would cost a bit more than half the cost of two singles.

What if I purchase a day return Waterloo-Egham, and then go to Windsor and ask the clerk to change the return ticket so that it is valid from Windsor? Would that be possible and how much could be the cost?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
The best way I think would be a return from Waterloo to Windsor and a separate single from Staines to Egham. You simply wouldn't use the validity between Staines and Windsor on the outward portion of your return ticket, and would switch to the single ticket at Staines. To use this combination requires that your train stops at Staines, but I don't think that should be an issue.

johnk

Thank you both for your responses, really useful. I think I will get a return ticket to Windsor & Eton Riverside and just get off at Staines, then return from Windsor.

Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.