• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Day Ranger / Rover Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

route101

Established Member
Exactly this - this is what I use rangers/rovers for. I do agree there's a couple of gaps in the map for rangers - particularly for the Essex branches (unless you have an ALR, of course).

Yep , i always see if theres a ranger to use. If not i would have to be normal tickets.
If you had nationwide Oyster , you could in theory have a cap in an area.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AM9

Veteran Member
How is that an exception to the rule quoted?
It was an exception to the rule 3.5.1 quoted by Harper's Tate in that the train didn't stop at South Elmshall, (as it normally did). There were announcements that it would be non-stop before it left Doncaster.I wasn't bothered about a challenge because the service was normally scheduled to stop, but technically it didn't meet that requirement of South Elmshall being " the last stop, or station, in that zone that you could alight from the service at ". The LNER trains that normally stopped only at Wakefield and Leeds certainly weren't available for an SYT split at South Elmshall.

bearhugger

Is your friend for this kind of thing. You can select a station in the top right corner and it will show you all the rovers you can use there.
Top tip, thanks :)
Am on a visit to in-laws near Guildford soon and have a couple of day passes from the missus. One day is planned for the Mid Hants preserved line, and discovered the Thames Branches Day Ranger for £22 so I will quite likely use this as the other option as I had provisionally planed to go into London itself another day.

DavidGrain

Established Member
I have been looking at the West Midlands Day Ranger and wondered if it was valid to Worcestershire Parkway. It is not specifically included in anything I have seen, so I was wondering if that was because it is a new station as the two Worcester stations are included. Can anyone help please?

CyrusWuff

Established Member
I have been looking at the West Midlands Day Ranger and wondered if it was valid to Worcestershire Parkway. It is not specifically included in anything I have seen, so I was wondering if that was because it is a new station as the two Worcester stations are included. Can anyone help please?
Worcestershire Parkway's outside the area for the West Mids Day Ranger I'm afraid. Neither the line between Worcester Shrub Hill and Evesham, nor between Bromsgrove and Ashchurch, are on the map.

It's part of the Heart of England area, but that's only available in 3 in 7 or 7 day versions, alas.

Status
Not open for further replies.