• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Day Travelcard fares with railcard after March 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Can anyone help please.

If I ask NRE for a journey between Amersham and Marylebone off-peak this month it offers a travelcard as an option at £14.30 for an adult or £9.40 with a railcard. If I change the date to March then the adult price increases to £14.70 and so does the railcard discounted price.

Will travelcards no longer be discountable with railcards, or is there an error? If it's an error, does anyone know what the 1-9 off-peak price is with a railcard?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
Can anyone help please.

If I ask NRE for a journey between Amersham and Marylebone off-peak this month it offers a travelcard as an option at £14.30 for an adult or £9.40 with a railcard. If I change the date to March then the adult price increases to £14.70 and so does the railcard discounted price.

Will travelcards no longer be discountable with railcards, or is there an error? If it's an error, does anyone know what the 1-9 off-peak price is with a railcard?
Other TIS give the same result so it must be an error in the data (I've seen nothing to indicate that the discount is being withdrawn). The discount calculator in Knowledgebase suggests it should be £9.70.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Brilliant!

Thanks @Haywain. That's what I'd worked out but wanted to double check before publishing. Can I assume that the data is likely to be corrected now? Any idea what the lead time is likely to be?

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Doing a spot of digging, Railcard discounts aren't showing for the 'in-boundary' Zones 1-6 Travelcard either. Given TfL's desire to push people onto Oyster (and ultimately Contactless), it wouldn't even remotely surprise me if it was deliberate, but I've asked the question anyway.

UPDATE @ 1618: I've now had an update, and the tl;dr version is that only the undiscounted Adult fares have been entered so far, with the discounted ones to follow in due course. I suspect this may be related to the revised Fares Change Date having been announced at (relatively) short notice and outside of the normal fares setting round.

Last edited:

TUC

Established Member
Doing a spot of digging, Railcard discounts aren't showing for the 'in-boundary' Zones 1-6 Travelcard either. Given TfL's desire to push people onto Oyster (and ultimately Contactless), it wouldn't even remotely surprise me if it was deliberate, but I've asked the question anyway.

UPDATE @ 1618: I've now had an update, and the tl;dr version is that only the undiscounted Adult fares have been entered so far, with the discounted ones to follow in due course. I suspect this may be related to the revised Fares Change Date having been announced at (relatively) short notice and outside of the normal fares setting round.
That does raise the question thpugh of therefore whether other people who seek to book ahead and buy a ticket now may be wrongly sold a higher cost one?

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Just seen this now new posts have been added. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.