• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Day Travelcard validity & costs on TfL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM9

Veteran Member
I will be at a loose end near Northwood (Met) station tomorrow for a few hours. I would like to get an Off-peak Day Travelcard (paper) to visit some LU parts that I haven't been on since they were four-tracking that stretch, (a very long time ago) as well as a ride into Zone 1.
The current prices on the TfL website are (Senior railcard discount in brackets) £12.90 (£7.99) for a zone 1-6 and £12.90 (£8.51) for a zone 1-9.
A couple of questions:
1) would a zone 1-9 Travelcard allow me to travel to Amersham/Chesham as well as anywhere else shown as in zones 1-9 on the TfL map, e.g. Dartford, Brentwood and Cheshunt?
2) can I get the Senior Railcard discount from the TVM at Northwood?

Thanks for any advice/information.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

district

1) would a zone 1-9 Travelcard allow me to travel to Amersham/Chesham as well as anywhere else shown as in zones 1-9 on the TfL map, e.g. Dartford, Brentwood and Cheshunt?
Yes, it will.
2) can I get the Senior Railcard discount from the TVM at Northwood?
Thanks for any advice/information.
I haven't used a TVM on LU for a long time but I'm pretty sure you can buy discounted travelcards. I am willing to stand corrected though!

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Not sure about those railcard prices. I'd say £8.00 and £8.50 as fares are always a multiple of 5p.

AM9

Veteran Member
Yes, it will.
I haven't used a TVM on LU for a long time but I'm pretty sure you can buy discounted travelcards. I am willing to stand corrected though!

Thanks for the reply. I'll just have to see what happens. If the TVM dosn't have a railcard option I'll need to call TfL or maybe ask at a zone 1 station where there are sometimes 'helpers' near the machines.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Not sure about those railcard prices. I'd say £8.00 and £8.50 as fares are always a multiple of 5p.

You are probably right, I just applied the 34% discount that is mentioned on TfL's website. Either way, they are a bit cheaper than I've got used to from St Albans.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The machines at Northwood will be a LU Passenger Operated Machine rather than a TVM that you are used to, so the interface and so on will be different (LU only has TVMs at the ex-Silverlink stations north of Queens Park and on the Richmond Branch, although some Tocs also provide TVMs at locations like Stratford).

They do, however, offer a Railcard discount. lf you are having trouble then ask the station staff.

AM9

Veteran Member
Thanks to all who have replied to my questions. If I do have any issues, this will be one of the first ports of call. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.