• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Day trip to Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmt4ever

Four of us are travelling to Brighton for a day out on the 23rd May (Saturday)

I just wanted to check if the groupsave ticket, that costs £27.80, super off peak day return, from Blackfriars to Brighton allows travel on ANY returning train coming back that day?

As when I click the ticket on the Thameslink website mixing deck it just shows '47 trains unavailable for your selected fare' with the first train allowing return travel on being the 1908.

This seems a bit weird as its a Saturday and we can seemingly go out on any train, I would assume we can come back on any train.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
That ticket is only valid on Thameslink services, not Southern ones.

There is no time restriction.

The direct services from Brighton to Blackfriars at approx xx08 and xx38 all look fine to me.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The reason some trains are blanked out is because they involve taking a Southern train from Brighton to East Croydon then changing for a Thameslink train to Blackfriars. This isn't allowed as you can only use Thameslink trains.

If the OP requires flexibility to use any train between Brighton and London then they could consider purchasing a Finsbury Park to Brighton ticket which with Groupsave costs £34.40. Valid on any operator between London and Brighton.

rmt4ever

Thanks for all the replies. We have no problem travelling from and back to Blackfriars and using the Thameslink so the cheaper ticket is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.