• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

dB apprenticeship trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

C001

Anyone had medical after interview yet and how long did you wait ?

Last edited:

Carl95

Anyone had medical after interview yet and how long did you wait ?

I had about 4 weeks between my conditional offer and my medical. Also they gave me around 2-3 weeks notice for the medical and asked me if there was any days that was easier for me to get off work.

C001

Cheers .. I had a offer from one of the managers over the phone and he said he was passing the paper work to hr so obviously just need to wait on them now .. was hoping it would happen quite quickly as the rest has sort of so far.. but cheers

MA8141

One thing I haven’t seen mentioned, or may have slipped past my eyes, but where is the training actually conducted ?

Ziege

Does anyone have any information on the shifts for the Junior Driver/apprenticeship role?

Atishyou

One thing I haven’t seen mentioned, or may have slipped past my eyes, but where is the training actually conducted ?

Either Toton, Knottingley or Didcot. I know there's that many trainees at the moment that they're looking at doing a course in Doncaster too.

Atishyou

Shifts can vary depending on depot but expect early , lates and lots of nights

Does anyone have any information on the shifts for the Junior Driver/apprenticeship role?

Depends on the location. At our hub, they don't work nights, or Sundays and the earliest start is about 05.00 and latest finish 22.00

If anyone doesn't like shifts, driving trains isn't the job to be in lol!

C001

Either Toton, Knottingley or Didcot. I know there's that many trainees at the moment that they're looking at doing a course in Doncaster too.

I heard they have ran one even at mossend before, they tend to look at where the majority of trainees are actually based on the particular course and run it closer to there, but main place is didcot as they have the simulator there at the minute but really could run it anywhere.

Atishyou

I heard they have ran one even at mossend before, they tend to look at where the majority of trainees are actually based on the particular course and run it closer to there, but main place is didcot as they have the simulator there at the minute but really could run it anywhere.

They also have a sim at Toton too.

Like I say, it's Toton, Knottingley and Didcot, not just mainly Didcot. Like you say, it depends on where the trainees are going.

Applepie356

I applied for a recent vacancy for apprenticeship driver with DB. Does anyone know the average time it takes to find out if you get through the initial sift? Do you even get notified if you are unsuccessful?

GeniusB

I applied for a recent vacancy for apprenticeship driver with DB. Does anyone know the average time it takes to find out if you get through the initial sift? Do you even get notified if you are unsuccessful?
Which Depot ? .........common in rail industry to be in for a long wait before any reply.

C001

Just had my email for my medical yesterday ... 8th October in Manchester so hoping start date won’t be far behind.

MA8141

It depends on which depot and the business needs, some are taking junior some are taking straight apprentice mainline. I’m happy with whatever my contract says !

a.james

After passing assessments and mmi did anyone have any email clarification or acknowledgement of a pass?

MA8141

After passing assessments and mmi did anyone have any email clarification or acknowledgement of a pass?
Nope nothing, just a hurry up and wait kinda feeling ! They’ll be in touch for the next stage if/when required.

C001

no I didn’t ... I did email them to ask when next stage was and they said just be patient but they can see I passed my test .. 2 weeks later got email to say I had my mmi, week after mmi got phone call to be offered a job, then week after that I was given my medical date and train tickets to medical .

a.james

Train tickets to medical, nice lol.
Thanks for both your responses, i'll try stay patient and hope to receive a date for DMInterview.
Did you find any helpful material online for the driver manager interview?
I have a mission statement from DB and have been read through their website, any other links would be appreciated.

C001

Train tickets to medical, nice lol.
Thanks for both your responses, i'll try stay patient and hope to receive a date for DMInterview.
Did you find any helpful material online for the driver manager interview?
I have a mission statement from DB and have been read through their website, any other links would be appreciated.
I will be honest, I didn’t get asked too much as I’ve been in railway 16 year .. asked a few questions but nothing much about dB, got asked what I would be hauling but that was more of a side question I think because the conversation we were having .. just think up scenarios around safety, I read up on dB ... all over the world and got asked nothing but they did say I’m very experienced at the start considering I’m not a driver. So can’t help you much with that. It was more of a chat and really relaxed no pressure .

GeniusB

Hi all,

Has anyone applied for the Acton Depot ?? Not heard a thing regarding that vacancy was advertised in April ...........now DB have just put up more junior driver roles at Dartford and a few other places.

anglian96

Hi all,

Has anyone applied for the Acton Depot ?? Not heard a thing regarding that vacancy was advertised in April ...........now DB have just put up more junior driver roles at Dartford and a few other places.
Hi mate I'm a driver at barking depot. I think you will hear back shortly as the current trainees at Acton are just completing the last of there hours before getting passed out

GeniusB

Hi mate I'm a driver at barking depot. I think you will hear back shortly as the current trainees at Acton are just completing the last of there hours before getting passed out

Oh wow, sounds like they already filled the positions ? As I'm only at application stage...

anglian96

Oh wow, sounds like they already filled the positions ? As I'm only at application stage...
As atishyou says there should be more however db have just lost the Mendip Contract which is 80% of actons work so that depot everyone is hesitant on what's happening as in are they going to get tupeed over to somewhere else or depot transfer. Db have said there's plenty of work there for Acton drivers but myself I can't see it but its just a waiting game

GeniusB

As atishyou says there should be more however db have just lost the Mendip Contract which is 80% of actons work so that depot everyone is hesitant on what's happening as in are they going to get tupeed over to somewhere else or depot transfer. Db have said there's plenty of work there for Acton drivers but myself I can't see it but its just a waiting game
Oh really ? Doesn't sound good for current drivers, hopefully gets sorted, as TUPE is the best of options some times.

Status
Not open for further replies.