• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Db cargo, mobile operative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roulstone

I’ve got an interview with Db cargo East Midlands, for a mobile operative. Could anyone tell me what an average shift would entail?
I know broadly but I’m interested to find out what exactly would be doing day to day. Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bucephalus

How did the interview go?

I have one tomorrow for the same position. Does anybody here know exactly where the "North Kent" location is? That is what I've applied for and can't find the info anywhere. Is anybody that can give me an idea of what to expect in the role. I've struggled to find anything specific about it. I assume it is shunting from the ground. Cheers

hurri67

How did the interview go?

I have one tomorrow for the same position. Does anybody here know exactly where the "North Kent" location is? That is what I've applied for and can't find the info anywhere. Is anybody that can give me an idea of what to expect in the role. I've struggled to find anything specific about it. I assume it is shunting from the ground. Cheers

How did your interview go?

Your role will most likely be covering a shift pattern, ( Not sure how they will be patterned ).Shunting rail vehicles, train preparation and the possibility of covering other locations.

tomsharp

Hopefully your interview went well, I had a start date with DB as a mobile operative for east mids for April , but training was put on hold. Hopefully if they are interviewing, that’s a positive step in the right direction for me too. All the best

Bucephalus

Thanks @tomsharp and @hurri67

I failed the mechanical reasoning test in the assessments unfortunately. It's a shame, because they were doing interviews that morning. I'm allowed to reapply after six months though. I didn't take any science GCSEs at school so I'm thinking there is a gap in my knowledge and I hope to fill it over the next six months!

Any recommendations for learning? Would small tools be helpful?

DRS66421

Thanks @tomsharp and @hurri67

I failed the mechanical reasoning test in the assessments unfortunately. It's a shame, because they were doing interviews that morning. I'm allowed to reapply after six months though. I didn't take any science GCSEs at school so I'm thinking there is a gap in my knowledge and I hope to fill it over the next six months!

Any recommendations for learning? Would small tools be helpful?

Sorry to hear about the Mechanical Reasoning assessment. Did DB send out practice material for the assessments? Hopefully it will be good news in six months!

tomsharp

That’s a shame , sorry to hear that. I have no mechanical background, and when I seen that test I just thought I wouldn’t have a clue ! I basically just looked at each Question logically , but they did say it’s something you can learn. I would assume books can be had, forces , friction etc. Was it for the east mids that you went for ? Just wondering why they would be recruiting, if they have a talent pool of people already with a start date that was put on hold.

hurri67

Bucephalus. Do not give up, keep going over the part you failed. Reapply after the 6 months.
Am I correct in presuming the vacancies where for North Kent and West London?

Bucephalus

Sorry to hear about the Mechanical Reasoning assessment. Did DB send out practice material for the assessments? Hopefully it will be good news in six months!

Thanks. Yes, they did send out materials. There was only 4 sample questions in the practice booklet for mechanical reasoning but loads for the numeracy and reading.

@tomsharp
@hurri67
It was for North Kent what I went for. I've not slept on this, but I feel more motivated to swat up for another attempt next time
@HeritageSussex
Thanks for the info on the location.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.