• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB Cargo - Trainee Train Driver (2021/2022)

DanielPedro91

Cheers pal and well done also. I'm starting Toton as well. You starting 13th are you

Yeah been told I'm going to Toton, Nottingham and I believe will be staying in a hotel, now just waiting to hear from training centre with all the details
Yes i start on the 13th too. Im in the same boat about hearing further info from the training centre (hoping its soon) but im sure we will in the next few days. See you there!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Eddie77

It is a set 6 questions, I've done it twice and it was the same 6 questions both times and the same questions were posted on here or given by a friend. I agree, it does defeat the purpose I suppose but I'm sure most of us on here who have gone through it knew the 6 questions and thus prepared for it.
Trust me you were just lucky there are variations on the questions

Twotwo

Trust me you were just lucky there are variations on the questions

I disagree, it is a set 6 questions. They may ask it differently but it's pretty much the same 6 questions and no I wasn't lucky, i worked hard and prepared for it :smile:. And like the others have said knowing the questions doesn't really give you much of an advantage, the answers still have to be good enough and and they can see through any bull.

Shunted

I disagree, it is a set 6 questions. They may ask it differently but it's pretty much the same 6 questions and no I wasn't lucky, i worked hard and prepared for it :smile:. And like the others have said knowing the questions doesn't really give you much of an advantage, the answers still have to be good enough and and they can see through any bull.
Totally agree

Carl98k

Ive had a notification on DB website saying end of process but nothing else. Anyone come across this before?

NorthernTech

Ive had a notification on DB website saying end of process but nothing else. Anyone come across this before?
When you say you had a notification ON db website of end of process, do you just mean you logged on to the portal and the status had changed or did they send an email to show it had changed?

Traindriver40

Hi Mate mine said end of process on the portal after my dmi and i also thought my application had ended..... but! a week or so later i had a teams meeting and was told i had successfully entered the pool.
Not sure what stage you're at but if you have taken your dmi all is not lost.

Carl98k

Hi Mate mine said end of process on the portal after my dmi and i also thought my application had ended..... but! a week or so later i had a teams meeting and was told i had successfully entered the pool.
Hi mate, that’s good news, you must be happy. I did psychometric tests with another Foc but nothing materialised. I just applied to DB. Today I got end of process on the portal.

NorthernTech

Did your status change back to In Process then, or stay End Of Process? Or disappear altogether?

B Boy 82

Can I ask where I can find a example of these 6 questions please ?

NorthernTech

Can I ask where I can find a example of these 6 questions please ?
Type into the search box at the top right hand side of the page ‘DMI‘ or ‘MMI’ then select ‘this forum’ on drop down list. You will find all the info you need with a little time spent reading and making notes

B Boy 82

Type into the search box at the top right hand side of the page ‘DMI‘ or ‘MMI’ then select ‘this forum’ on drop down list. You will find all the info you need with a little time spent reading and making notes
Thank you .. I have everything needed now.

Minor and finer details now if anyone can help.

When doing the Hand eye coordination the directional joysticks!!!! Can anyone confirm if “up and down” controls for moving the ball are on the the left or right???? I have been practicing with the “up and down” ball control movement on the left and “left and right” ball control movement on the right

FlyingVixen

Hello all! :D I am new here! Literally been reading through this thread as I have an assessment day coming up in Doncaster on the 17th June for the Warrington talent pool! Very excited and nervous about the day though! Any pointers or advice for the day would be greatly appreciated! Currently working through the booklet they have sent me! It's taken a while to get here as I applied for this post in May 2021! I know they were recently advertising for Warrington again too. I'm hoping I don't crumble on the day! Haha!:rolleyes:

NorthernTech

Hello all! :D I am new here! Literally been reading through this thread as I have an assessment day coming up in Doncaster on the 17th June for the Warrington talent pool! Very excited and nervous about the day though! Any pointers or advice for the day would be greatly appreciated! Currently working through the booklet they have sent me! It's taken a while to get here as I applied for this post in May 2021! I know they were recently advertising for Warrington again too. I'm hoping I don't crumble on the day! Haha!:rolleyes:
Congratulations on the invite to assessment. There is a search function at the top of the page, using this to search MMI and the individual tests (as named in your test pack) you will find stacks of information. Some people have researched loads before the tests and some have just stuck to the booklet and been fine, so I wouldnt worry too much. I personally spent a long time searching and making notes. The one to practice is the dots test (Group Bourdon), see separate thread further up the page. Only thing to note, some TOC’s/FOC’s do separate days for the paper tests and computer tests, DB Cargo do the lot in a day, can be quite intense and means you cant just prepare for first half first etc.

FlyingVixen

Congratulations on the invite to assessment. There is a search function at the top of the page, using this to search MMI and the individual tests (as named in your test pack) you will find stacks of information. Some people have researched loads before the tests and some have just stuck to the booklet and been fine, so I wouldnt worry too much. I personally spent a long time searching and making notes. The one to practice is the dots test (Group Bourdon), see separate thread further up the page. Only thing to note, some TOC’s/FOC’s do separate days for the paper tests and computer tests, DB Cargo do the lot in a day, can be quite intense and means you cant just prepare for first half first etc.
Thank you so much for the response! I appreciate that! I shall look into your suggestions. From the booklet I can see that it’s pretty intense! I’m kinda ready for it mentally! My current job is a Midwife and a 12 hour shift is intense all day long! Fingers cross is works out! :smile:

NorthernTech

As long as you at least make your way through the booklet a good few times so you know what to expect when you get there then you won’t go too far wrong. Id say the dots practice and researching the MMI would be worth the majority of your time. As a midwife you will have plenty of work experience to cover the likely MMI questions.

FlyingVixen

Thank you! That’s my plan for the weekend! Practice the dots and think of answers to some questions! I do have quite a lot of experience to use that’s for sure! A lot to do with safety and having a high responsibility role! Can’t really lapse in your judgement as situations in healthcare are always changing. There’s no greater pressure or time limiting situation like resuscitating a baby!

NorthernTech

Thank you! That’s my plan for the weekend! Practice the dots and think of answers to some questions! I do have quite a lot of experience to use that’s for sure! A lot to do with safety and having a high responsibility role! Can’t really lapse in your judgement as situations in healthcare are always changing. There’s no greater pressure or time limiting situation like resuscitating a baby!
Wow…that is such a scary thought. You don’t really like to think that has to happen, what an awfully pressurised position to hold in so many ways. I’m not sure what else to say, my mind is blown thinking about having to do that. I worked as a lifeguard when I was just out of college many years ago and obviously did first aid and lifeguard quals where in part we trained using the resuscitation dolls including a baby one, and doing the light two-finger chest compressions and weaker blows of air into the mouth. I never really envisioned having to do it, but for yourself in a birth situation as a midwife it somehow seems so much more critical. And the fact that you have had to do it, perhaps many times… I tip my hat, chapeau..